TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
Tivolition
Early Adopter

Thumbs down Bug report: Aspect Correction Mode switches from Panel to Full

Since getting the Summer 2014 software update, I've noticed a bug with the aspect correction mode setting. I have it set to Panel on a 16:9 display. Overnight, the video changes to Full aspect, but still displays the setting as Panel. Every time I reset it, it switches back to Full a day later. The only way to reset it is to toggle through the aspect settings using the zoom button.

I prefer Panel when viewing old SD programs so they don't get stretched horizontally. When set to Full, they are stretched horizontally to fill the screen. Previously, this setting would stick, but now it gets reset overnight.

Last edited by Tivolition : 07-25-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Tivolition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivolition View Post
Since getting the Summer 2014 software update, I've noticed a bug with the aspect correction mode setting. I have it set to Panel on a 16:9 display. Overnight, the video changes to Full aspect, but still displays the setting as Panel. Every time I reset it, it switches back to Full a day later. The only way to reset it is to toggle through the aspect settings using the zoom button.

I prefer Panel when viewing old SD programs so they don't get stretched horizontally. When set to Full, they are stretched horizontally to fill the screen. Previously, this setting would stick, but now it gets reset overnight.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...2#post10176712

Sounds like the same issue.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
JWhites

Since I don't really watch SD channels it's not such a problem in my opinion and I'm afraid if TiVo tries to fix it they'll break something else as per their pattern.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

I called sort on this twice now. They didn't have an active issue on this. More calls on this are needed, call, call, call...
----
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB+w/slide remote(original)
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB
TiVo Stream (happily streaming to Android)
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCurry57 View Post
I called sort on this twice now. They didn't have an active issue on this. More calls on this are needed, call, call, call...
No, no, no need to call them....they DO have an active issue report on this. I have been in communication with TiVoMargret; she acknowledges the issue and says it'll be fixed in the next update. Here's her response to me verbatim -- "Sorry. We are testing a fix now. It should be included in the next update."

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
Tivolition
Early Adopter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
No, no, no need to call them....they DO have an active issue report on this. I have been in communication with TiVoMargret; she acknowledges the issue and says it'll be fixed in the next update. Here's her response to me verbatim -- "Sorry. We are testing a fix now. It should be included in the next update."
That's good to hear.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
Tivolition
Early Adopter

Lightbulb

As a work-around, people with programmable universal remotes can program a macro with 4 zoom commands that runs at start up. That will automatically reset the aspect back to whatever your current setting is.

For example, with the Logitech Harmony Touch, use 4 zoom commands in the Tivo power on sequence.

Last edited by Tivolition : 07-28-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #8
klambert

I posted this in the update thread before I found this, but in addition to this one, if I transfer a show through Tivo Desktop or Pytivo, it defaults to a zoomed version and unlike SD content recorded directly, cycling through the zoom settings doesn't fix the issue--maybe because it has figured out its widescreen or maybe something to do with the transfer itself? I'm guessing it's related. Never had a problem before this with transfers.
klambert is offline   Reply With Quote