TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Supernatural - "Everybody Hates Hitler" - 2/6/13

Well that was kind of fun. I'd say it was a filler episode but there were a few references that were important. And the new set is just amazing!! I love that they kind of have a home again. Once Bobby's house burned down they were left without a place to go and this place is safe and secret and I'm betting they keep it that way!

Smart Sam is so awesome. He's in heaven with all the stuff in that bunker to research and read. And Dean in the bathrobe with the sword.

And that ending scene. Dean going for the beers and changing his mind and getting out the good stuff.
Dean: So you're a Man of Letter now? Good.

No controversy again this week for the brothers. We got some hurt Sam and protective big brother again. You know I'm a sucker for that! The Golem was actually cool and I didn't see him being a "good guy" so to speak. And they left him with Aaron and went home. They are learning! (not that they had much of a choice but still, when has that stopped them?)

And Sammy cursing TWICE! First saying "Son of a bitch" when they got inside the bunker than later "How about you screw yourself, nazi bastard"... why do I like that so much? Maybe because it's not expected out of our nice boy.

And on a final note, Dean never fails to entertain me with his very uncomfortable reactions to being thought gay. When we thought Aaron was hitting on him, that entire sequence should have been eye rolling because it's so typical of the "oh I misunderstood our vibe" thing that's always done but Jensen's facial expressions are just gold. I could have that happen every episode.

Okay I think that's all I got. Thoughts?!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Well that was kind of fun. I'd say it was a filler episode but there were a few references that were important. And the new set is just amazing!! I love that they kind of have a home again. Once Bobby's house burned down they were left without a place to go and this place is safe and secret and I'm betting they keep it that way!
A bit contradictory here...I'd say this is the most significant episode they've had all season (along with last week, which set it up)...these two episodes are a pretty massive change in the show's status quo. Which is a bit interesting, since the ostensible content (time travel, Nazi necromancers) are exactly the kind of thing they normally WOULD do for fill-in, comedy episodes. I love that they can still be subversive after all these years...

I suppose now Sam & Dean will become the de facto leaders of a new network of hunters/Men of Letters...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
A bit contradictory here...I'd say this is the most significant episode they've had all season (along with last week, which set it up)...these two episodes are a pretty massive change in the show's status quo. Which is a bit interesting, since the ostensible content (time travel, Nazi necromancers) are exactly the kind of thing they normally WOULD do for fill-in, comedy episodes. I love that they can still be subversive after all these years...

I suppose now Sam & Dean will become the de facto leaders of a new network of hunters/Men of Letters...
You're right. It felt like it should have been a filler but I saw much that wasn't......so I guess that means it wasn't a filler ep.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
Bighouse
200 Club Member

Fun episode. Gave them a sort of soft reboot what with the rooms (literally) of possibilities in the new digs!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

I agree.

You know what's odd? That actually would have worked for me as a series finale, I think.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
JYoung
Series 3

Damn.
This thread's already been Goodwined.

I hadn't thought that they would make the shift in the status quo this fast but here we are with the boys learning more about the Men of Letters and getting a Watchtower, errr.. I mean base of operations.
And a powerful ally to boot.

I also had to laugh at Dean's comments about the water pressure in the showers.
After all those years of motel showers, I bet the (what are we calling their home base? The Armory?) shower's were great in comparison.

Also, is the (home base?) shielding against the Angels?
We were told that it is heavily warded.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Damn.
This thread's already been Goodwined.

I hadn't thought that they would make the shift in the status quo this fast but here we are with the boys learning more about the Men of Letters and getting a Watchtower, errr.. I mean base of operations.
And a powerful ally to boot.

I also had to laugh at Dean's comments about the water pressure in the showers.
After all those years of motel showers, I bet the (what are we calling their home base? The Armory?) shower's were great in comparison.

Also, is the (home base?) shielding against the Angels?
We were told that it is heavily warded.
We heard it was warded against every evil. But is that every evil as of 1958? If there were any 'Jefferson Starship's left, would they be able to get in because they are new?
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #8
logic88

The last few episodes have been a bit odd.

Are they moving away from the Naomi and the tablet storyline?
logic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #9
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by logic88 View Post
The last few episodes have been a bit odd.

Are they moving away from the Naomi and the tablet storyline?
No they do this every season. You always have the overall arc but they can't concentrate on it every single week. Next week from the previews we are back to the tablet story.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
sean67854
Why?

Quote:

But what about Garth?

Xbox gamertag sean67854

sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
But what about Garth?
He'll be in the bunker running dispatch.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
I thought this was a great episode.

Hope to see lots more of the batcave. I wonder if they have supernatural utilities, or if Sam's line about " I can't even figure out how we have running water or electricity" was a throwaway line (I assume the latter).
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I thought this was a great episode.

Hope to see lots more of the batcave. I wonder if they have supernatural utilities, or if Sam's line about " I can't even figure out how we have running water or electricity" was a throwaway line (I assume the latter).
Yeah, I think they were just hanging a lampshade on it (literally, in this case).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...mpshadeHanging
| Twitter:
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Peter000

Liked this ep, but felt it left me hanging a bit with the Thule stuff.

Love the batcave, and hope they can bring back the Men of Letters, this time have a better relationship with the hunters. I really can see Garth running things from there.

They need to get phone and internet service as well.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #15
Skryme

I really enjoy the episodes penned by Ben Edlund. This was one of them. The guy who invented The Tick does okay in my book!
Skryme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #16
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryme View Post
I really enjoy the episodes penned by Ben Edlund.
I bet he types them...
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #17
danterner
Not it!

My friend Chris, who puts out the Television Zombies podcast, has an interview with Ben Edlund on the next podcast.
| Twitter:
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
cheesesteak
Meh.

The gollem constantly pacing back and forth was kind of weird.

The necromancers were a little lame. I expected more evil magic from them. I don't know why they didn't just kill Sam and Dean.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
My friend Chris, who puts out the Television Zombies podcast, has an interview with Ben Edlund on the next podcast.
I'll have to listen to this. I've loved Ben Edlund's writing since I "discovered" him from the cartoon Tick series.

Is the podcast about TV in general or about Horror/Supernatural TV shows? (asked the guy too lazy to look it up)
Old 02-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #20
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post

I'll have to listen to this. I've loved Ben Edlund's writing since I "discovered" him from the cartoon Tick series.

Is the podcast about TV in general or about Horror/Supernatural TV shows? (asked the guy too lazy to look it up)
It's about genre tv shows - Fringe, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, etc. Shows like Breaking Bad also get discussed, but never anything like CSI or Revenge or American Idol. It tracks pretty closely with the shows whose threads get traction here at TCF, actually.
| Twitter:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #21
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
It's about genre tv shows - Fringe, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, etc. Shows like Breaking Bad also get discussed, but never anything like CSI or Revenge or American Idol. It tracks pretty closely with the shows whose threads get traction here at TCF, actually.
I subscribed. Mostly for the Edlund interview, but I'll give it a shot for when they discuss stuff I watch.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #22
crowfan
The Dude abides

I have to say, I really enjoyed the last few episodes, and I really like this idea of the Men of Letters/batcave/etc. Really makes sense and I can't wait to see where they take it.

crowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #23
newsposter
Poster of News

amazing the power still worked. who pays the electric bills for these places anyway? i'm gonna miss the old hotels with the partitions

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #24
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

I hated the hotel rooms. They were all the freakin' same set. I like the new digs (but I'm iffy on the new 50's vibe. I miss the classic rock, which was an identifying component of the show at its best imo).
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
I hated the hotel rooms. They were all the freakin' same set.
No, but you see, that's social commentary. On the cookie-cutter nature of our mass-produced world.

So they're not lazy and/or cheap. They're just ironic.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
No, but you see, that's social commentary. On the cookie-cutter nature of our mass-produced world.

So they're not lazy and/or cheap. They're just ironic.
I'd actually buy that. I still hated them.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #27
newsposter
Poster of News

the highlite of every show was seeing their hotel rooms what funky shape the partition may hold

it's good they keep talking about kevin but i forget about him most of the time

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote