TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #7111
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I recently installed a WD My Cloud EX2 8 TB NAS dual drive and have a Roku device as well. What seems to work pretty well for the Roku was to use KMTTG to encode using FF_Ipad. Using the Roku app, Roku Media Player, It can play the videos as .mp4 with aac audio, .jpg and .mp3 works also. The Ipad .mp4 video works on the Tivo also.

I do not even need the computer running for the Roku Media Player to work, only for the Tivos to work, I would need the PC with PyTivo running.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 08-30-2014 at 01:35 AM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #7112
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
One step at a time:
1. Make sure kmttg GUI runs
2. In the GUI bring up Auto Transfers->Configure and check that there are entries setup for auto transfers
3. Still in GUI choose Auto Transfers->Run Once in GUI and verify that things run as expected there
4. Assuming all the above are OK, now check kmttg service and make sure the service is setup to run using your username, not the default service account. Consult auto_transfers Wiki particularly section related to setting up service.
5. Now try starting the service. If you get an error then post contents of auto.log.# file that is created if any.

** I've never run kmttg on Windows 8 so don't know if running kmttg as a service actually works or not. Perhaps others that may have done it or tried it can chime in.
Thanks I finally got it to work. I was digging into google and it led me to a kmttg page dated back in 2009. The poster said he changed java from 64 bit to 32 bit and it worked. I had java version 7.67 64 bit installed. I changed that to the 32 bit version and the service started right up.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #7113
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
Thanks I finally got it to work. I was digging into google and it led me to a kmttg page dated back in 2009. The poster said he changed java from 64 bit to 32 bit and it worked. I had java version 7.67 64 bit installed. I changed that to the 32 bit version and the service started right up.
The very first few lines of windows_installation Wiki page specifically say to install the 32 bit version of Java. (kmttg is purposefully compiled to be compatible with 32 bit systems and systems running Java as old as version 5).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #7114
caddyroger

Quote:
The very first few lines of windows_installation Wiki page specifically say to install the 32 bit version of Java. (kmttg is purposefully compiled to be compatible with 32 bit systems and systems running Java as old as version 5).
Dumb ass me I failed to read about you have to use the 32 bit version of Java. I spent the last 21/2 days trying to get it to run the service.

Last edited by caddyroger : 08-29-2014 at 07:32 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #7115
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
What if both 64 and 32-bit Java are installed? I used to do this, but think Java either stopped allowing/supporting it, or I had issues keeping both updated and working while both installed, so have been 32-bit-only, for a while now.

Having both was a supported configuration, a while back. This was for those who had both 64-bit and 32-bit browsers installed, and used both.

I ask, for those who might not bother to check the Wiki-page, not for myself.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #7116
moyekj

If you are not running kmttg Windows service then I think you can use 64 bit Java without trouble. I run kmttg on Linux running 64 bit Java and it works fine there. I think it's the Windows service that has 32 bit restriction (Windows has an annoyance that you can't just run any program as a service, so for something like Java you have to wrap it around another executable, and I think that's where the 32 bit restriction is coming in). That whole service mess I don't really understand too well - kmttg heavily borrowed from what was done in Streambaby for running Windows service mode. Unix/linux based OS's are much easier since you can run anything in background mode very easily without jumping through hoops.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #7117
jmbach

I have both 64 and 32 bit Java installed on my Windows 7 x64 machine and kmttg gui and service runs without issue.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #7118
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

So, as with many other things, you can have 64 & 32 bit installed, or 32-bit only, but you will tend to have problems with 64-bit only, it would seem. This is assuming, of course, the OS is 64-bit. But, when you get into the realm of Windows 8/8.1, who knows what will work. Sounds about right to me.

Maybe running certain things in compatibility mode, and checking the "run as administrator" option, while in the options, might help, if Win 8/8.1 is being a PITA (it always is, for my purposes and expectations).

I'd be running a much newer everyday laptop, except it came with Win 8, and the TPM module and UEFI BIOS keep thwarting my attempts to install Win 7 Pro OEM, but keep it still able to boot to 8/8.1, since the laptop seems to be built around the OS, rather than the other way around...

Please send a PM if you know how to make a Lenovo like this dual boot the stock Win 8/8.1 x64 OEM, and Win7Pro x64 OEM (bought the latter from Newegg). I'd love to be rid of the hardware and software locks the BIOS has.
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #7119
bicker
Gruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
My Roamio Pro just spontaneously rebooted, and then the C133 was displayed on TiVo Central.
I can populate the Now Playing list but the Remote tab doesn't seem to be working after the reboot.

UPDATED: The problem seems to have cleared for me.

Last edited by bicker : Yesterday at 04:59 PM.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 AM   #7120

I am able to copy these files to my PC from the TiVO however when I play the file there is no audio. Is there something I am missing? (I tried multiple files to see if it was a fluke)
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #7121
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702 View Post
I am able to copy these files to my PC from the TiVO however when I play the file there is no audio. Is there something I am missing? (I tried multiple files to see if it was a fluke)
Yes, you are probably missing AC3 codecs on your PC. If you use VideoLAN VLC player the decrypted mpeg files (or any other video file generated after that) should play fine.

Old Today, 09:26 AM   #7122
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Yes, you are probably missing AC3 codecs on your PC. If you use VideoLAN VLC player the decrypted mpeg files (or any other video file generated after that) should play fine.
Yes, but for some reason I haven't tracked down yet, VLC often gives me no audio. Media Player Classic-HC edition http://mpc-hc.org/ plays them just fine.
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #7123
sanjonny

cant figure out move command

I am trying something different in the custom command box but cannot get it to work. Right now I am running a batch file that renames the encoded files once they are finished, but I am doing this by having it automatically run on all the files in the directory. What I would like to do is either call a batch file and have it move the cut file after encoding to a custom directory and then run the batch commands below that renames the files in encode, or just have it move the file individually by passing the filename to the cli program and then call the batch file rename operation but I cannot get any derivations of this to work.

After encoding now, I call a batch file called rename.bat.
Code:
rem echo output goes to tivo renamed
rem pause
rem FOR %%G in (C:\tivo\encode\*.mkv) DO (
C:\kmttg\bulkrename\brc64.exe /DIR:C:\tivo\encode /PATTERN:*(*_*_*)* /REMOVELASTN:16
))
rem *(*-*_*)
rem echo that all looks good
rem pause
C:\kmttg\bulkrename\brc64.exe /DIR:C:\tivo\encode /PATTERN:*(*_*_*)* /REMOVELASTN:16 /EXECUTE

rem echo all done
rem pause
exit
there is some extra rems in there and such since I was testing but you get what it does and that file works fine by itself.

I tried using
Code:
move [mpegFile_cut] \delete
and several derivations of that in the custom command window to move the cut file after it was encoded to the delete folder, but could not get any of them to work. I don't know if I can accomplish this in the batch file, if it will carry forward the variable or not, right now I get an error when saving the command that
Code:
custom command setting does not start with a valid file: 'move [mpegFile_cut] \delete\'
because I guess I have no idea how to make java do what I want it to do. BAsically, I want to rename the encoded file after final encoding and then move the cut file to the delete directory (but delete it manually in case something goes wrong with the encode

Thanks in advance for your advice.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:51 PM   #7124
moyekj

sanjonny, take a look at the Wiki which has an example similar to what you are trying to do:
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/config_Programs/
Section of interest to you is the "custom command" section.
The "move" command would be inside the custom script (.bat file for example), not directly in kmttg. Also be careful when trying to use relative paths, because relative location to kmttg could be different than where you expect, so best to use full paths if possible.