TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
pkjohnson1
pkjohnson1

TIVO XL4 menu issue

Have a new Tivo XL4 and have noticed a problem sometimes when deleting Tivo suggestions while they are recording.

The problem I see is when there are multiple Tivo suggestions being recorded.

In the Tivo Suggestions, I hit the clear button to delete the active recording, the menu with the 3 options comes up [Stop Recording, Stop Recording and Delete and Cancel].

A few times when I do this, the delete menu is on top, but the focus is still on the list of suggestions. If you try to use the (left) back arrow to dismiss the screen or hit the clear button again, it blanks out the entire screen (just black). There are no menus and no UI showing.

Sometimes you can hit the TIVO button to restart to the main, but a couple of times it either didn't work or the it was a blank screen with the live preview window showing. At this point the only way out was to unplug it and let it reboot.

It seems like a bug in the UI that can't figure out where to go. BTW, using the HD menus

The software is up to date. Anyone have any ideas?

Since during any one day, TIVO seems to like to suggest up to 30-40 programs, I try to keep the list of suggestions manageable and occasionally deleted them manually. And yes, I have gone through and thumbs down process on countless programs.
pkjohnson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
dinglehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjohnson1 View Post
Have a new Tivo XL4 and have noticed a problem sometimes when deleting Tivo suggestions while they are recording.

The problem I see is when there are multiple Tivo suggestions being recorded.

In the Tivo Suggestions, I hit the clear button to delete the active recording, the menu with the 3 options comes up [Stop Recording, Stop Recording and Delete and Cancel].

A few times when I do this, the delete menu is on top, but the focus is still on the list of suggestions. If you try to use the (left) back arrow to dismiss the screen or hit the clear button again, it blanks out the entire screen (just black). There are no menus and no UI showing.

Sometimes you can hit the TIVO button to restart to the main, but a couple of times it either didn't work or the it was a blank screen with the live preview window showing. At this point the only way out was to unplug it and let it reboot.

It seems like a bug in the UI that can't figure out where to go. BTW, using the HD menus

The software is up to date. Anyone have any ideas?

Since during any one day, TIVO seems to like to suggest up to 30-40 programs, I try to keep the list of suggestions manageable and occasionally deleted them manually. And yes, I have gone through and thumbs down process on countless programs.
I've seen the same bug. I have not found a fix. The HD menus are a bit buggy still.

I do have a question though: Why are you trying to manage the suggestions? They do not impact the space available to stuff you actually want recorded. My unit currently has over 800 programs in the suggested items folder. I just don't worry about it.
Sony 55" LED TV
KEF KHT 2005 Speaker System
XBOX 360
dinglehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
pkjohnson1
pkjohnson1

There are times when I find a suggestion I want to watch and really don't want to scroll through hundred of them to find it again.
pkjohnson1 is offline   Reply With Quote