TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
fmowry

Hell On Wheels S03E04 OAD 8/24

This episode missed for me. Didn't like the lacrosse game from hell, didn't like the missing baby, didn't like the lack of progression with the Swede. Hopefully it gets back on track next weekend.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
This episode missed for me. Didn't like the lacrosse game from hell, didn't like the missing baby, didn't like the lack of progression with the Swede. Hopefully it gets back on track next weekend.
I thought it was ok. Durant is now in Hell On Wheels so you know that it's definitely leading up to something. I'm trying to figure out the angle of him giving the stock.

And I keep waiting for the Swede to knock off the parents and run away with the little boy. It just seems like nothing his happening there and I'm trying to figure out why and how he's with them in the first place.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yup a bit of a meh episode after the first 3.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
fmowry

Durant and the newspaper report was the only part I liked. I think the Swede is plotting to knock them off and "become" the bishop at the new settlement. I'm not sure if it was said where the family is heading specifically.

I did get a chuckle out of the new wife, Buffalo Face.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
VegasVic
Craps Player

I think the Swede will kill the dad (make it look like an accident). Maybe the wife too. If he was going to kill them all they wouldn't have wasted time on all the "bonding" with the kid.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
And I keep waiting for the Swede to knock off the parents and run away with the little boy. It just seems like nothing his happening there and I'm trying to figure out why and how he's with them in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Durant and the newspaper report was the only part I liked. I think the Swede is plotting to knock them off and "become" the bishop at the new settlement. I'm not sure if it was said where the family is heading specifically.
Plotting?

Swede is wearing Dad's hat. He's already done it.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I think the Swede will kill the dad (make it look like an accident). Maybe the wife too. If he was going to kill them all they wouldn't have wasted time on all the "bonding" with the kid.
Once again we were set up with a false clue: "Isn't that my father's hat?" "Yes."

I think the Swede is going to weasel his way into the LDS the way he did with the Indians to use it for his own purposes as he did with the Indians.

"If you quit, if you leave, or if you lose they'll kill you. Did I forget to say that?"

Durant needs killin'.
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I think the Swede will kill the dad (make it look like an accident).
That's exactly where it is leading. Then the Swede has a replacement family, and a plan for where to live (that is why he is learning from the Bishop).
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Plotting?

Nah. After that, the Swede was riding in the wagon with Bishop Dad telling him he had a vision of Joseph Smith and wanted to be saved...
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 08-26-2013 at 05:07 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Huh? The father was quite alive in the last scene in the carriage, talking to the Swede.

EDIT: Smeek!
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Huh? The father was quite alive in the last scene in the carriage, talking to the Swede.
Maybe the Swede killed him, and by the end he had come back as a zombie?

Or a vampire! A day-walking vampire!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:27 AM   #12
cheesesteak
Meh.

The only thing of note in this episode was Elam asking Bohannon why he picked THAT day to stop killing people.

I like this show and want to keep liking this show but I'm not happy with the villain recycling program with Durant and the Swede. We're stuck with them though. The baby snatching Toole subplot seems silly. Hopefully he gets dead soon. You'd think they would have picked an actor who looks something like the first Toole.

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
You'd think they would have picked an actor who looks something like the first Toole.
That has made me wonder since the moment he showed up. Is something deeper going on? Did anybody check his driver's license?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #14
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Nah. After that, the Swede was riding in the wagon with Bishop Dad telling him he had a vision of Joseph Smith and wanted to be saved...
Perhaps it was meant figuratively?
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #15
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Swede needs to learn the ways for the LDS so that when he knocks off the father he will be successfully able to impersonate a Mormon bishop and take over the settlement in Fort Smith.

As a point of interest, this family is not the one that was in episode 2, right? The ones who shot the railroad cop and Bohannon executed the son? That was a bigger family.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
Swede needs to learn the ways for the LDS so that when he knocks off the father he will be successfully able to impersonate a Mormon bishop and take over the settlement in Fort Smith.

As a point of interest, this family is not the one that was in episode 2, right? The ones who shot the railroad cop and Bohannon executed the son? That was a bigger family.
No, I don't think it's the same family. I think this one is coming west to settle (I'm guessing in Utah) with Brigham Young. I think they mentioned that at some point.

I agree, I think he's trying to learn the ways of the Mormons and that's why he's asking lots of questions. Eventually he'll knock off the dad, make it look like an accident (and save the son), and then become the bishop.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I, too, was a bit let down with this episode (especially compared to the first couple). I did find it hilarious that a game of "stickball" turned into an MMA life or death match. And I'll be having nightmares of Buffalo Face. I could completely do without the Swede's storyline right now...
Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
cheesesteak
Meh.

I always find it amusing when an Indian's three syllables worth of grunts gets translated into full paragraphs.

When Jimmy Two Squaws disappeared, I totally expected the US cavalry, led by crazy Capt. Mohawk to rescue Bohannon and Elam from the fire and massacre the Indians.

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
tiassa
Me --Avatar

I thought that when Bohannon started praying that it was going to rain and the Indians would take that as a sign from above that they should be freed.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #20
LlamaLarry

I thought Bohannon was pardoned for (at least some) of the soldiers he murdered? Wasn't he caught, waiting to be hanged and then Durant got him pardoned so he could get back to work?
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Huh? The father was quite alive in the last scene in the carriage, talking to the Swede.!
:-o

Where the hell was I? Seriously, I totally don't remember that. I guess it's time to rewatch.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Unless they show us evidence to the contrary, I'm sticking with my zombie/vampire theory.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #23
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Unless they show us evidence to the contrary, I'm sticking with my zombie/vampire theory.