TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
tiams

The Glass House S1E2 OAD 6/25/12

I didn't watch any of the live feeds last week, so I ask anyone who did - was it revealed early in the week that Alex (i think that was his name) wasn't returning?

I think it is a real flaw that this is only one hour per week.

It used to be that reality show contestants only had to lie to their fellow contestants and could tell the truth to the home audience. Now we have Holly lying to the audience and saying she has a psychology degree. Was that supposed to be a strategy to get viewers to keep her? I guffawed when they asked her to name a psychiatrist and she said Dr. Phil. Actually, I think they asked her to name a psychologist, not a psychiatrist.

I'm glad America agrees with me in their dislike of Apolo. His non-strategy makes me irrationally angry just like it does the old guy. And he is paranoid! What reason would the stuntman have for throwing the challenge? If they lose it puts him in danger of being sent to limbo with Apolo. The chances are they wouldn't have chosen him, but still, it makes no strategic sense to put yourself in danger. On the contrary, he would want someone from the other team to go and he would want Apolo to stay another week since it is known he is the least liked by America.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Alfer
WOOSAH!

We tuned in for that first 8 minutes just to see if the few viewers who were willing to take time to actually vote would vote out that crazy dude. They did, we turned it off.

If he stayed, I was ALMOST willing to invest a little more time in this but thankfully we don't have to now.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
We tuned in for that first 8 minutes just to see if the few viewers who were willing to take time to actually vote would vote out that crazy dude. They did, we turned it off.

If he stayed, I was ALMOST willing to invest a little more time in this but thankfully we don't have to now.
You wanted to see more of that jerk?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
tiams

I just remembered that one woman walking smack into the glass wall! People who live in glass houses should put stickers on their walls.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
tiams

watching clips online right now and Ashley looks like she has hydrocephalus. Look at her forehead.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
You wanted to see more of that jerk?
The whole show is a train wreck, he was just adding more fuel to the "I gotta see this" fire. One more ep would have maybe been fun. But honestly, his first ep appearance was probably enough crazy TV for us.

Like they all said, I bet his parents and friends we mortified that he acted the way he did.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I liked the scene of the people in the living room watching the two talking outside through the windows and making up what they were saying.

I do have to admit that I enjoyed the show, but it's not nearly as exciting or interesting as Big Brother. Especially due to only being on one night and live feeds only being an hour a day. It IS quite a different setup than BB is though with the audience being the deciding factor on if you go and who the captains are (the two least liked players). Certainly different enough that it's not a direct copy of BB.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Shaunnick

I loved the "conversation" between Ashley and Holly as narrated but the other house guests. That conversation was great. Apolo had the right idea about what would happen if it was him versus Boobs McGee. Well, I already voted, and I would rather see the lying-boob-job than the dude-with-no-game any day.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I think it is a real flaw that this is only one hour per week.

It used to be that reality show contestants only had to lie to their fellow contestants and could tell the truth to the home audience. Now we have Holly lying to the audience and saying she has a psychology degree. Was that supposed to be a strategy to get viewers to keep her? I guffawed when they asked her to name a psychiatrist and she said Dr. Phil. Actually, I think they asked her to name a psychologist, not a psychiatrist.
I prefer that there's less time commitment required. BB was too much at 3 hours/week. I just didn't have time to keep up. Maybe it'd be better if Glass House were say 3 30 minute eps. I think I could keep up w/that.

Yeah, what's up w/Holly? Some girl, (don't remember which) said that she was a psychology major in her intro. I'm guessing it was someone else.

I took some psych classes in college (I definitely was NOT a psych major) and can barely name any psychologists now but can definitely describe some of the stuff I learned from the social psych and abnormal psych class I took. I had to some Googling (e.g. stanford psychology jail) to recall Phil Zimbardo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I liked the scene of the people in the living room watching the two talking outside through the windows and making up what they were saying.
Yeah, that was funny.
cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

It really IS a bad BB ripoff. Since it's once a week, I'll probably watch for awhile. I was glad Alex was jettisoned. He was entertaining, just an a-hole.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
WhiskeyTango

They gave away who the limbo nominees would be too early. They focused on Apollo's paranoia and Holly's lying and those ended up being the nominees. Adios Apollo.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I loved when the one guy was doing impressions of the others. His creepy Alex smile was great! That smile bugged me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #13
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

I hope Apollo goes this week. What a d-bag.