TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2014, 02:06 AM   #61
MikeCC
TiVotee

Rebekah being gone has certainly put a damper on my enjoyment of this series.

I loved Claire Holt. I watched her a while back on the Aussie series H2O Just Add Water, and she's adorable. She made the original vampire Rebekah just the perfect balance of sweetness and menace. And she was f'ing sexy, too!

Oddly enough, her Aussie series (H2O) also starred Phoebe Tonkin, who plays Haley. I don't think Phoebe has got the acting chops that Claire has, but man oh man, does Phoebe get my heart racing. But apparently, Phoebe and Claire have been close since they worked together on their H2O series, and it seems to have carried over to The Originals.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 AM   #62
cheesesteak
Meh.

I'm getting close to 86ing this show. Claire Holt leaving was a serious blow but I've always hated Klaus. Rebekah, Marcel and Elijah were strong enough characters to counterbalance my revulsion to Klaus and his sing-songy cadence. Between this show and The Vampire Diaries, I've come to really dislike witches and now there are all these useless werewolves running around shirtless. All the "take back my city" speechifying is tiresome too. I canceled my Vampire Diaries season pass last week. This show is close to joining it.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #63
hummingbird_206

I had 4 eps of this show built up. Got through 2 of them, ending with the Storyville one. But if Rebekah is really gone, not sure I'm going to get around to the next eps any time soon. And I have 4 or 5 of TVD that I'm in no hurry to watch, either.

I'm sad about this show. I really loved it for a while. Well, same for TVD...oh well, there is a lot of other really good stuff on TV, so I probably won't miss the shows. I will miss Rebekah (Claire) and Elijah (what's his name IRL? Damn CRS).
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #64
cheesesteak
Meh.

I wanted to like this show too but the relentless backstabbings and betrayals by Klaus that lead to betrayals and backstabbing by others is tiresome to me. And now I'm supposed to care about werewolves? Sorry, I don't.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #65
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I had 4 eps of this show built up. Got through 2 of them, ending with the Storyville one. But if Rebekah is really gone, not sure I'm going to get around to the next eps any time soon. And I have 4 or 5 of TVD that I'm in no hurry to watch, either.

I'm sad about this show. I really loved it for a while. Well, same for TVD...oh well, there is a lot of other really good stuff on TV, so I probably won't miss the shows. I will miss Rebekah (Claire) and Elijah (what's his name IRL? Damn CRS).
Oh oh...

If The Originals loses hummingbird_206, then the series is in real danger. If photoshopgrl is done with it too, then put a fork in it.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #66
hummingbird_206

I haven't decided for sure yet if I'm dumping either TO or TVD, but both have fallen way down on my to be watched list.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #67
hummingbird_206

3/18/2014 Moon Over Bourbon Street

Wow, I'm having a tough time watching this show. Just now viewing stuff from March! I managed to get caught up on TvD, but this show just isn't working for me.

I don't care at all about the new wolf pack. The actress who plays Hailey is beautiful, but I don't think she has chemistry with anyone except Rebekah. And now the Rebekah is gone, it's just painful to watch any scene with Hailey in it.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #68
MikeCC
TiVotee

Yeah, I dropped my Season Pass after Claire Holt left. No point in tuning in. Phoebe Tonkin is extraordinarily beautiful, but she really didn't have chemistry with anyone but Claire.

Claire, OTOH, could talk sweetly to an inanimate object and make it seem like a sizzling romance. (I loved Rebekah and Matt, BTW.)

So I abandoned both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

More power to you for sticking with it longer.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #69
hummingbird_206

I'm not sure why I'm still watching. I'm not usually such a sap, but I keep hoping that both shows get better again. I used to love them.