TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
constablerc

Angry Xfinity OnDemand on TiVo Premiere 4

I'm at wits end and I'm about ready to cancel service. Has anyone had success with Xfinity OnDemand with a Premiere 4? I bought a new Premiere 4 12 days ago. Got the cable card from Comcast, hooked it all up. I love the TiVo interface, capacity, 4-channels, etc. But the Xfinity has NEVER worked. I've now spent 12 days on the phone with Comcast tech support and TiVo tech support. Both support groups say everything is good on their side so it must be the other side's problem.

I can access the Xfinity menu. I can browse through the shows/movies. I can select a show and it will start. But EVERY time, it freezes at 6 seconds. The time bar keeps on rolling along, but the picture stays frozen.

I've switched out the cable card. I've re-paired them multiple times. Comcast sent the "signal" multiple times. Comcast opened a network ticket with engineering. Then Comcast told me the Premiere 4 isn't compatible with Xfinity (of course TiVo says BS). Comcast has reset new "rate codes" whatever those are. All of this and still no luck on Xfinity.

I'm fed up. I'm within my 30 day money back window. I'm on the verge of cancelling TiVo and Comcast and switching to DirecTV and the new Genie system.

Has anyone else fought this TiVo/Comcast battle? Did you get success? What was the secret?
constablerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

Have you worked through all of the steps outlined on the tivo website?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
constablerc

Repeatedly.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
SNJpage1

When I had a problem with Comcast I called Tivo support and he called Comcast and we had a three way phone call. The Tivo tech basicly walked the Comcast tech thru the steps to fix everything.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
constablerc

We've done that twice. The problem is Comcast always has to "research" and call me back. Which means the three-way call is dropped and when Comcast calls back it's just me and them again.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
constablerc

Resolved

Just coming back to give an update.....

As of today I have Xfinity On Demand on the TiVo. It took 15 days, daily phone sessions with tech support and a tech visit but they finally got it fixed. After they fixed it I asked them what the final fix was. He said they had to change rate codes. The in-home tech had done that last Friday but apparently there were either multiple rate codes or multiple places where they needed to be changed. Today they finally got them all in sync and my On-Demand is working.

Very frustrating experience. They did say that this is a new product and there aren't many techs who know how to deal with it.

So that's the resolution to my situation. Wanted to update you all in case anyone else is having the same issue.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
habibrobert

Thanks for the update. I'm having the exact same problem! I'm very glad there is a solution to it... I've learned that a problem with Tivo is usually a dead end street especially with comcast as your cable provider. Do you have to have a tech service guy come to your house in our to fix these "rate codes"? Or can they do it over the phone?
habibrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
muerte33

Where are they going to roll this out next?
I know Boston and the San Francisco Bay area has it.
Sorry, answered my own question!
http://www3.tivo.com/products/tivo-w...oducts_comcast
muerte33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
mlyth

We had the same problem. The error code on the screen was SRM-8013. When I looked it up online it said: SRM-8013 eRsnItvRfNotAvailable Subscriber attempted to watch a VOD video, however the converter determined the carrier lock is missing. Therefore, could not go on with the streaming session.

This is what I told Comcast and the rep was able to put in the correct codes immediately. Works like a charm now.
mlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #10
mkrsw

I'm stuck in GSM-7 hell. I'm in New Jersey and I can't find a Comcast rep who has a clue. Today a supervisor decided I need a 2-way Cablecard. We know that's wrong. Getting ready to give up.
mkrsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
mkrsw

update: after working with many comcast techs, they finally got the correct software loaded in their servers yesterday and xfinity on-demand is finally working on my box.
mkrsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #12
slisinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrsw View Post
update: after working with many comcast techs, they finally got the correct software loaded in their servers yesterday and xfinity on-demand is finally working on my box.
mkrsw, can you provide any more context around this server update? I am struggling with the exact same on demand problems you were having and am getting the usual support runaround. There are many tivo owners who seem to be having this problem but I have still not seen any sort of definitive explanation of how this is getting fixed for some users.

Thanks.
slisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
ryboone

Quote:
Originally Posted by constablerc View Post
Just coming back to give an update.....

As of today I have Xfinity On Demand on the TiVo. It took 15 days, daily phone sessions with tech support and a tech visit but they finally got it fixed. After they fixed it I asked them what the final fix was. He said they had to change rate codes. The in-home tech had done that last Friday but apparently there were either multiple rate codes or multiple places where they needed to be changed. Today they finally got them all in sync and my On-Demand is working.

Very frustrating experience. They did say that this is a new product and there aren't many techs who know how to deal with it.

So that's the resolution to my situation. Wanted to update you all in case anyone else is having the same issue.
Was it tech or billing that had to update the rate code? Thanks.
ryboone is offline   Reply With Quote