TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
birdman6
Birdman6

DRM error in Roxio NXT converting any Tivo files.

I just bought Roxio Creator NXT to edit out the commercials from my Tivo series 4 Premier. I download the tivo files to my pc with tivo desktop 2.8.3 without any problems. Tivo won't let you download copy protected files and are shown with a red circle with a slash going through it. When I tried to transfer the file into NXT it won't show the file and says that the file is DRM protected. I am using a windows 7, 64-bit, windows explorer 9. Tivo shows a tutorial of downloading an episode of "MAD MEN" to the PC and then selecting it to be edited in Creator NXT. I tested a file that wasn't HD and it didn't work. It seems like the tivo file has the DRM in it enough for windows 7 or explorer 9 to sense it in NXT. Has anyone been abel to make this work?

Thanks
birdman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

The .TiVo file is a DRM protected file,but it can be removed with TivoDecode, or KMTTG which also has TivoDecode, also free.

I use a better program to edit programs, VideoReDo TVSuite. It also burns DVDs. It also handles .TiVo files.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
jcthorne

I would suggest returning Roxio NXT and purchase VideoReDo TVSuite. kmttg is free and the developer is on this forum for support as is the developer for VRD.

You will have a far better experience if you drop Tivo Desktop and Roxio for the recommended apps supported here in the community. Head over to the Home Media section for much more help on this subject.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman6 View Post
I just bought Roxio Creator NXT to edit out the commercials from my Tivo series 4 Premier. I download the tivo files to my pc with tivo desktop 2.8.3 without any problems. Tivo won't let you download copy protected files and are shown with a red circle with a slash going through it. When I tried to transfer the file into NXT it won't show the file and says that the file is DRM protected. I am using a windows 7, 64-bit, windows explorer 9. Tivo shows a tutorial of downloading an episode of "MAD MEN" to the PC and then selecting it to be edited in Creator NXT. I tested a file that wasn't HD and it didn't work. It seems like the tivo file has the DRM in it enough for windows 7 or explorer 9 to sense it in NXT. Has anyone been abel to make this work?

Thanks
In Tivo Desktop under 'File' -> 'Preferences', do you have the box checked to allow for faster transfers?

If so, uncheck the box and retransfer the program from the Tivo. Some software programs choke on .tivo files that are transferred using the faster method.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TivoDesktop screenshot.JPG (78.1 KB, 74 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
birdman6
Birdman6

Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I would suggest returning Roxio NXT and purchase VideoReDo TVSuite. kmttg is free and the developer is on this forum for support as is the developer for VRD.

You will have a far better experience if you drop Tivo Desktop and Roxio for the recommended apps supported here in the community. Head over to the Home Media section for much more help on this subject.
That is the name of the software I was trying to remember. It is probably on my old Vista machine. Thanks for your advice!
birdman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

If you need your key to unlock VideoReDo just send us and email at support with your full name and the email address you used to purchase and we can look it up for you.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
h2oskierc
I'm a 2-Tuner

Which version of VideoReDo would one need to do this? I want to be able to burn HD videos to Blu-Ray...
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

No version of VideoReDo currently supports BluRay. If you use TVSuite v4 with H.264 you can output to a BluRay compatible file, but you'd need to use another program to actually author and burn the disc.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
h2oskierc
I'm a 2-Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
No version of VideoReDo currently supports BluRay. If you use TVSuite v4 with H.264 you can output to a BluRay compatible file, but you'd need to use another program to actually author and burn the disc.

Dan
Thanks Dan! I do have other programs that will burn Blu-Ray, so thanks for the help!