TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
TexasDVR

Question Season Pass Manager - Blanks

This may have been discussed before, but I did not find it.

My Season Pass Manager has about 50 shows set up. The 47th one on the list is blank (no program listed), and I have not been able to delete it.

Any ideas?
TexasDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Have you tried rebooting? That often fixes weird problems.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
moyekj

Switch to SDUI and look at SP manager there to see if you can see the SP to delete it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
TexasDVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Switch to SDUI and look at SP manager there to see if you can see the SP to delete it.

I have not tried rebooting, cause I felt that might be too aggressive, and did not want to mess things up.

The SDUI sounds like a good possibility.

So I go into setup and change from HDUI to SDUI and see if it can be deleted etc and then back to HDUI? Is that correct?

I will not lose any of my set up data or other HD season pass data etc.?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDVR View Post

My Season Pass Manager has about 50 shows set up. The 47th one on the list is blank (no program listed), and I have not been able to delete it.

Any ideas?
Noticed this on both my Premieres in both the SDUI an HDUI, I had three and drove me crazy, I did the restart, the repeated guided setup, clear thumb ratings & suggestions, and clear program information & to do list and nearly a total clear and delete and the issue resumed, What I ended up doing was connecting to the TiVo with my Tablet on the TiVo app and deleting them through it and they went away and have not come back and I lost no recordings, and once I reentered my season passes that was cleared out from my other attempts, they were left alone when I went through the app, so yeah I definitely recommend it.

This appeared on both a brand new 3 hour old Premiere and a few years old Premiere so it's definitely something to do with the software.

Last edited by Mike-Wolf : 03-21-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: brownie
Mike-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
TexasDVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Wolf View Post
Noticed this on both my Premieres in both the SDUI an HDUI, I had three and drove me crazy, I did the restart, the repeated guided setup, clear thumb ratings & suggestions, and clear program information & to do list and nearly a total clear and delete and the issue resumed, What I ended up doing was connecting to the TiVo with my Tablet on the TiVo app and deleting them through it and they went away and have not come back and I lost no recordings, and once I reentered my season passes that was cleared out from my other attempts, they were left alone when I went through the app, so yeah I definitely recommend it.

This appeared on both a brand new 3 hour old Premiere and a few years old Premiere so it's definitely something to do with the software.
Ok, thanks for the reply, just another software bug.

Instead of going through the effort and a chance of making it worse; I have decided to leave it alone for now. Who knows maybe with the next software patch or some other event it could self correct.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:

Any ideas?
This happened to me with Breaking Bad on my original S3. It would list the channel and everything else EXCEPT the name of the show. Is this what you're seeing? I was never able to rectify it, then I replaced the S3 with the XL4. Not a problem on this unit.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the reply, just another software bug.

Instead of going through the effort and a chance of making it worse; I have decided to leave it alone for now. Who knows maybe with the next software patch or some other event it could self correct.
That's also a very logical choice. It really did no harm to me as I just moved them down to the very bottom of the 22 show list. Prior to that it would mirror the show's title of the list that was located above it and both take up a number slot and be greyed out such as
14 NCIS (802 WCBSHD)
15 NCIS
16 NCIS: Los Angeles (802 WCBSHD)
17 NCIS: Los Angeles
18 Wild Justice (871 NGCH)
19 Wild Justice

But then after moving it down so it would be

And since going through the TiVo android app, and choosing "Season Passes I was able to select and delete them and they aren't there at all anymore no fuss no mess

Last edited by Mike-Wolf : 03-22-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: recovering from surgery
Old 03-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #9
TexasDVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Wolf View Post
That's also a very logical choice. It really did no harm to me as I just moved them down to the very bottom of the 22 show list. Prior to that it would mirror the show's title of the list that was located above it and both take up a number slot and be greyed out such as
14 NCIS (802 WCBSHD)
15 NCIS
16 NCIS: Los Angeles (802 WCBSHD)
17 NCIS: Los Angeles
18 Wild Justice (871 NGCH)
19 Wild Justice

But then after moving it down so it would be

And since going through the TiVo android app, and choosing "Season Passes I was able to select and delete them and they aren't there at all anymore no fuss no mess
Somewhat similar here; but I think still the same thing.

I had a program listed “Journal” and then a duplicate directly below it in dull gray.

Thinking logically – HA! I just wanted to delete the gray one; but instead it blanked it out (another inconsistent use of the clear (delete) button – ugh). Buggy software.

I think, but do not know for sure since I could not find it again, that “one” of them was set up a WishList season pass, and then “one” was set up regular HDUI Season pass, and then the “one” in WishList was deleted and hence the gray out duplicate that I attempted to delete, which did not work and blanked out instead? I think?

The blank space is about 3rd or 4th from the bottom, but that is ok for now.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #10
Mike-Wolf

Quote:
Somewhat similar here; but I think still the same thing.

I had a program listed “Journal” and then a duplicate directly below it in dull gray.

Thinking logically – HA! I just wanted to delete the gray one; but instead it blanked it out (another inconsistent use of the clear (delete) button – ugh). Buggy software.

I think, but do not know for sure since I could not find it again, that “one” of them was set up a WishList season pass, and then “one” was set up regular HDUI Season pass, and then the “one” in WishList was deleted and hence the gray out duplicate that I attempted to delete, which did not work and blanked out instead? I think?

The blank space is about 3rd or 4th from the bottom, but that is ok for now.
Yes that sounds like the problem I was having and when I would hit the select button nothing would happen and it would be a blank screen. When I hit the delete/clear button nothing would happen. That's when I went through the TiVo app and went to the season pass manager and selected those erroneous titles and was able to delete them through there.

This all happened out of the blue while I was setting up all my season passes upon initial setup.