TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Supernatural - "Southern Comfort" - 11/7/12

We are never getting our brother bond back at this rate.
Not that I blame Sam for finally standing up to Dean, he was right. Dean has been non stop. But I still don't get the not looking for him thing!! Is that really all we are getting on that? He felt like his world imploded and he ran? Really show? I might have bought that had this been the first time he's had to deal with Dean being missing/dead/gone/whatever. But he should never have expected that this time was the final time. Why? Why would he ever? Not the Sam I've watched for 7 seasons. Argh. This is frustrating me to death.

That sequence with the Soundgarden song was really cool.

I'm still so so on Amelia but I don't hate her.

Garth killed the tooth fairy! Why Garth, why?
I like that he's the new Bobby but I really miss the real Bobby.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Is that really all we are getting on that?
It's cute that you can consider believing that...
Old 11-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It's cute that you can consider believing that...
I don't know what I consider right now. I'm a pool of angst and brother emotions. And I hate this show.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #4
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
And I hate this show.
No, you don't.

"You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight and you'll shag and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver..."

The difference this time though was as I brought up earlier, that Sam had absolutely no emotional support what so ever.

Liked seeing Garth as a Texas Ranger and trying to step in for Bobby.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I know. Of course I don't hate it. The season is actually really good. I'm just dying over my brothers.....but that's pretty par for the course isn't it?

That one line “Benny has been more of a brother this past year than you have EVER been” that just no. NO. He should have apologized for that. Said he didn’t mean it. But Dean doesn’t like to say he’s sorry. And it’s another thing that can’t be forgotten in the long list of things these two have said and done to each other. Ugh. I hate that they do this. If something had been resolved from it all, I might feel a bit better about it. But all the tension, all the distance is still there, maybe worse now than before. I need them to get past this. Fight it out. Duke it out. Then hug it out. My heart is literally weeping for their lost relationship right now.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

The writers suck. They sit and laugh as they write this saying “Oh this part is really gonna gut those fans! heee! We are so awesome! They are gonna cry and cry and cry. It’ll be great fun!”
Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
danterner
Not it!

I enjoyed this one; I love Garth's character and Dean's half-smirk before the camera cut away during the tooth fairy conversation was priceless. I'd like to think that was the actors improving the discussion, and that the actor playing Garth tripped up Jensen with an unscripted story about the tooth fairy. No idea whether they ever go off-script on this show, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
cheesesteak
Meh.

I like Garth. I didn't at first but I do now. I guess Bobby really is gone.

Frankly, if I were Sam, I'd be like "Bleep you, you bleeping bleephole" after dealing with Dean this episode. Yeah, Dean was possessed but apparently, like being drunk, you say what you really mean when the spirit's got you.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
I keep feeling like there's got to be more to the Amelia story. The fact that it's just so hard to believe that Sam wouldn't look for Dean coupled with all of the flashbacks they showed this episode really makes it seem like they are building up to something.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
I keep feeling like there's got to be more to the Amelia story. The fact that it's just so hard to believe that Sam wouldn't look for Dean coupled with all of the flashbacks they showed this episode really makes it seem like they are building up to something.
I agree that we don't know the whole story here but I don't know if it falls under the realm of "keeping secrets" or not.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I'm still highly suspicious of the fact that Sam dumped Amelia and went to a place where Dean could find him at the exact time Dean got out. They just glossed over that, but it has to be significant. Somehow.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #12
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
I'm still highly suspicious of the fact that Sam dumped Amelia and went to a place where Dean could find him at the exact time Dean got out. They just glossed over that, but it has to be significant. Somehow.
Is what we were shown inconsistent with an off-screen phone call like "Sammy? It's Dean. I'm out of Purgatory. Meet me at the old cabin - you know the one I mean."

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
What if Amelia isn't real. What if Sam's brain is still affected by the wall breaking and she's his coping mechanism. What if he's really far more screwed up than we think? He just looks so empty most of the time. Even in anger he doesn't look angry... not like we've seen in the past.

Quote:
One would think. And who was watching her house when he left?! That is driving me mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Is what we were shown inconsistent with an off-screen phone call like "Sammy? It's Dean. I'm out of Purgatory. Meet me at the old cabin - you know the one I mean."
Not really but watching the premier over and over for that hug (shut up) it really appears that Dean caught him more than just off guard. I don't think Sam had any idea Dean was back or waiting on him when he walked in that door. I could be wrong, maybe Jared played it that way on purpose.

I feel like we are missing so much info here and I know that's not an accident. They are just going to drop it in piece by piece as we have so many episodes left still. I'm gonna go crazy though. This weekly waiting SUCKS!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I feel like we are missing so much info here and I know that's not an accident. They are just going to drop it in piece by piece as we have so many episodes left still. I'm gonna go crazy though. This weekly waiting SUCKS!

What are you gonna do if they decide to turn this into a 3 season arc?

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #15
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
What are you gonna do if they decide to turn this into a 3 season arc?
Heh!

Fortunately for the non-explodey-ness of Cristina's head, they have limited themselves to one-season arcs since the expiration of the original five-year mission.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Heh!

Fortunately for the non-explodey-ness of Cristina's head, they have limited themselves to one-season arcs since the expiration of the original five-year mission.
Yeah, but would it really surprise you if they did a multi-season arc to close out the series?

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 11-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Yeah, but would it really surprise you if they did a multi-season arc to close out the series?
Yes, it would.

They've been pretty careful about acting as if each season could be or could not be the last. Unless they're explicitly given a two-season renewal and confirmation that that would be it, I don't see them changing that.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #18
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Yes, it would.

They've been pretty careful about acting as if each season could be or could not be the last. Unless they're explicitly given a two-season renewal and confirmation that that would be it, I don't see them changing that.
I was going to reply and say that I thought since Supernatural was one of the highest rated CW shows it could probably guarantee 2 more years, but then I actually looked. It doesn't do too fantastic.

One interesting thing though is that it gets a 41% boost when Live+7 data is figured in.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #19
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
I was going to reply and say that I thought since Supernatural was one of the highest rated CW shows it could probably guarantee 2 more years, but then I actually looked. It doesn't do too fantastic.

One interesting thing though is that it gets a 41% boost when Live+7 data is figured in.
It isn't one of their most watched shows? From what I heard it was right up there behind TVD and Arrow.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #20
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
It isn't one of their most watched shows? From what I heard it was right up there behind TVD and Arrow.
Maybe it is, I was tired and only compared it to Arrow. This week it only got about 60% of the viewers Arrow had.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Maybe it is, I was tired and only compared it to Arrow. This week it only got about 60% of the viewers Arrow had.
Arrow is the highest rated show on CW, I think someone said it's getting better ratings right now than any show has ever. I can't confirm that because I don't know how to find general ratings, just the usual overnight stuff.