TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
chrispitude

"This program was not recorded because it was no longer in the program guide."

A couple weeks ago, I added a season pass for The Joe Schmo Show. It recorded the first show successfully, but I decided to let it queue up several episodes before watching it.

Today, I decided to watch them. Unfortunately, I still have only that first recorded episode. My recording history does list the subsequent episodes, but it lists them as Not Recorded with the following reason:

What happened here? This was on Spike TV. There have been no lineup changes related to this channel. Unfortunately, the episodes are not scheduled to re-air so I've blown the season.

Bringing up the season pass shows two episodes scheduled to record in the next couple weeks (with the double checkmark), but so did the ones that didn't record. I guess I'll wait and see what happens with them.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
Bringing up the season pass shows two episodes scheduled to record in the next couple weeks (with the double checkmark), but so did the ones that didn't record. I guess I'll wait and see what happens with them.
Last night, I confirmed in the To-Do list that the show was going to record last night. The show was in the guide data, the channel tuned fine, etc. This morning when I got up, it didn't record for the same reason. I am still able to tune to this channel with no problem. This definitely looks to be some kind of TiVo software bug.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
EchoBravo
TV-MA LSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude

What happened here? This was on Spike TV. There have been no lineup changes related to this channel.
The bug you describe is one of the reasons I finally gave up on my generic cable company DVR and went back to TiVo. I never saw that problem on a TiVo in the past and haven't seen it now, in my first week with the Premiere.

With my old Cox box, this would happen enough to annoy.
EchoBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
tnhybrid

Just got deked by the same issue. Had set up a WishList search for a program I desperately wanted to watch, to be shown 2/28/13 on Discovery. The program title was "Monster Squid: The Giant is Real." Long story short, my Premiere did not record any one of four separate showings on 2/28 due to the 'program guide' glitch.

There were two separate showings of the program on two separate channels (one regular def and one HD), one at 8 PM and one at 11 PM. One of the 8 PM programs appears in 'History' as 'Conflict' with the above mentioned glitch. All three of the others say 'Duplicate' with a notice to the effect that the show didn't record b/c it was either in 'My Shows' or scheduled to record within 28 days (neither is true, at least as far as my getting to watch the program. Just my luck, it won't be aired again any time in the near future, and it is most assuredly NOT listed in 'My Shows'.)

Details, to inform others who will suffer from this problem in the future:
  • The WishList was set up for keywords "Monster Squid" and set to record both new episodes and re-runs, and to save them until I deleted.
  • I had moved the WishList up to the top of the SP Manager to be sure it wouldn't be overwritten by a conflict.

I understand that the only way to avoid this problem entirely is to delete your WishList or Season Pass and to re-establish it to tape "everything" (re-runs, new airings, etc.) What this will do, of course, is fill your 'My Shows' with 10 airings of the same episode pretty darn quick - filling your hard drive & taking up room that should be used for new shows. It doesn't seem a reasonable resolution of the problem.

I am one unhappy camper, considering there's no way to know what program guide details are being shared by Comcast and it's unrealistic to expect viewers to go through and double check them for every Season Pass we set up, even if such a thing were possible. Setting all our WL and SPs to tape 'everything' is highly inefficient and seems to be just another unworkable solution for a problem that shouldn't be occurring at all. The only other workaround would involve ditching SP/WLs entirely and manually setting programs to record by time/channel, also not a realistic choice.

If this starts happening with increasing frequency, we'll be switching our household to some other provider. I mean, seriously - couldn't it at least give some sort of warning or notice that it's omitting something you specifically set up, entirely for reasons outside your control?!
tnhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
chrispitude

I'm not so sure this is a provider issue yet. When this happened to me, the show was set to record late in the evening. Just before I went to bed, I verified that the show was in the latest guide data AND that it was in the to-do list. Sure enough, the next morning, it failed to record with that message. I doubt the guide data actually changed in the 90 minutes between me going to bed and the show airing.