TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #61
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
If VAL has a V you have to make the dreaded call, a truck roll may be in your future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershey4 View Post
How do you get from V to truck roll? Isn't it all about sending magic signals to my card? re-validate?

Or did you mean a misguided truck roll? :-)
I think what he is saying here is that Val: V means that the card is paired so there is something else at work. However, no one knows what the number after the V means or even if has any meaning at all:

For informational purposes, I have the following values:

Code:
Base Roamio  Val: V 0x2F
Premiere     Val: V 0x2A
TiVo HD      Val: V 0x2C
VOD works on both the Premiere and the Roamio.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #62
hershey4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
For informational purposes, I have the following values:

Code:
Base Roamio  Val: V 0x2F
Premiere     Val: V 0x2A
TiVo HD      Val: V 0x2C
Interesting. Your values do make my previous 0x36 stand out. The 0x2 range is pretty consistent on your side.

I wonder if VOD is even worth the trouble. I think there is a tier-2 phone number around somewhere. I guess I've gotta get this started...
hershey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:34 AM   #63
JohnnyO
Crimper

Quote:
Interesting. Your values do make my previous 0x36 stand out. The 0x2 range is pretty consistent on your side.

I wonder if VOD is even worth the trouble. I think there is a tier-2 phone number around somewhere. I guess I've gotta get this started...
For comparison, my Motorola Cablecard here in the St. Paul, MN Comcast system shows the following:

Base Roamio: Val: V 0x5F

My OnDemand is still working. I was very excited to get it working when I got my Roamio last September. It turns out I've maybe watched four shows via VOD since then. Just looking at the list of shows available, there are more things I'd like to watch - I just have not integrated it into my viewing habits.
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #64
lpwcomp

Quote:

Better to have it and not use it than want to use it and not have it.

Last edited by lpwcomp : 08-15-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #65
lpwcomp

Very small data set, but so far all of the working values reported in this thread have one thing in common that is not true of the one reported non-working value. Whether this is significant is unknown.

edit: I withdraw that statement. 0x5F does not have it.

Last edited by lpwcomp : 08-15-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #66
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
tivo.com says val should say "v", a "?" means the card isn't paired:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2569
My bad I corrected my post the V is what you want, the ? is what you don't want.

Sorry

Old 08-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #67
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
My bad I corrected my post the V is what you want, the ? is what you don't want.

Sorry
np, i figured that's what happened, thanks for correcting, i edited my post.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #68
hershey4

update related?

On the phone now... very slow... she's checking...

but first thing she said was "lots of no-VOD complaints after the recent Tivo update".
Old 08-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #69
hershey4

Resolved

That was quite a conversation. She insisted she checked everything on my card and there was nothing she could do and I had to call the billing department because VOD wasn't on my account. I told her she was wrong because that reminded me of last years telephone runaround and it turned out to be incorrect then. Well, it was still incorrect. I did not call billing. I just checked VOD and it's there. Val: V 0x0C.

So who knows what she did, but am back in business with VOD. Bet she doesn't know what she did either!!! I practically hung up on her I was so frustrated as we were debating whether or not she was responsible for customer service.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #70
lpwcomp

Quote:
That was quite a conversation. She insisted she checked everything on my card and there was nothing she could do and I had to call the billing department because VOD wasn't on my account. I told her she was wrong because that reminded me of last years telephone runaround and it turned out to be incorrect then. Well, it was still incorrect. I did not call billing. I just checked VOD and it's there. Val: V 0x0C.

So who knows what she did, but am back in business with VOD. Bet she doesn't know what she did either!!! I practically hung up on her I was so frustrated as we were debating whether or not she was responsible for customer service.
There have been reports that at least some Comcast locales require a special billing code be on the account in order to enable VOD on a TiVo. Possibly this billing code was removed from your account by mistake.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #71
hershey4

Quote:
There have been reports that at least some Comcast locales require a special billing code be on the account in order to enable VOD on a TiVo. Possibly this billing code was removed from your account by mistake.
She insisted only I could get it added by calling Billing myself. She said she had no ability to add it. But I didn't call and it started working. I am thinking that possibly their training indicates that it requires a Billing code, but in reality it does not. Calling billing didn't work last year and calling billing didn't need to be done this year. I think they don't see the code and they assume that's the problem, but it was something else.

Oh well... all speculation.

At least this is now documented here to refresh my memory for when this happens next year :-)
Old 08-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #72
lessd

Quote:
This problem happened on one of my four paired Cable Cards (Moto) with Comcast CT, they had a truck roll ready than I got a call to test out the Roamio Plus for VOD and it worked so no truck roll, they told me it was a code thing that got mixed up on that Cable Card. Problem is gone now.
That another reason a high % of John/Jane Q public goes with the Cable co DVR and not TiVo. With the Cable co DVR they have the full reasonability to get the system to work, a problem they just replace the DVR at your home.
If I convince a friend to get a Roamio, I find myself on the hook to keep the system working, I stopped doing that a year or so ago, free service calls is not my thing.

Last edited by lessd : 08-16-2014 at 11:29 PM.
lessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #73
ermax

XFinity On Demand - not so good

I used the level 2 number that is floating around and the guy said the data id wasn't set on my card so he fixed that and reactivated. That didn't work so he emailed the local market to have them check it on their end. 3 days went by and then it started working. The day after it started working he called me back to make sure it was working. I asked what the fix was and he said the local market didn't have it set right. All my billing codes were right from the get go though. My val went from ? To v. Then I installed a 2TB drive which caused my data id to change so I'm back to a val ?. I called the standard activation line and they changed the data id but that didn't help so then he gave me the typical run around. I guess I need to call level 2 again and hopefully it will not take 3 days again. I have all my channels at least so it's not the end of the world.uu
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote