TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Elvisap

KMTTG sees Tivo but no files found

UK Virgin Media Tivo box.

Windows xp running KMTTG v1p0t (5/31/2014) as per this h ttp://lifehacker.com/5048824/decrypt-and-remove-commercials-from-tivo-recordings-in-one-step although activestate pearl is 5.16.3 build 1604 not the 5.8 recommended (with tk). I don't know if that is the problem.

My problem is that KMTTG sees my Tivo box automatically. MAK code and IP address entered but it cannot move any films, progams, recordings on the Tivo to my PC because it says they are copy protected. I am trying to take all files off my Tivo so I can format the hard drive which has a couple of bad patches. Also a couple of recordings that I would like to keep on my laptop.

Can anyone help?

Last edited by Elvisap : 06-08-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Elvisap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
moyekj

That's an ANCIENT perl based installation of kmttg. Latest version available here (uses Java):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmttg/
Having said that, I have no idea if it even works for TiVo units outside of USA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
Elvisap

your link to h ttp://sourceforge.net/projects/kmttg/ is the download for kmttg v1pot which is the version I am running. I updated to this from within kmttg.

Perhaps the problem is that everything recorded may be copy protected and encrypted in uk versions?
Old 06-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
Elvisap

When I try to copy a file from the tivo I get this message

Recorded Wed 05/21/2014 02:00 AM on 125=Watch +1, Duration=45 mins, EpisodeNumber=290
Will is left struggling for his life with an illness which has struck him with visions of a beautiful woman, Kali.
This show is copy protected - cannot process
Old 06-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
moyekj

"This show is copy protected - cannot process" is the key. Anything with a dark background in the table is copy protected and cannot be transferred. That may be all channels for Virgin.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote