TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Arrested Development S4E2 "Borderline Personalities" *spoilers*

The scene with Buster sucking the smoke from Lucille's mouth had me in stitches. Freakin' hilarious.

And all the stuff with Barry Zuckercorn not really knowing anything about the law was classic.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I was really disappointed in this episode. I thought it was confusing and not funny. It had a few moments, but otherwise was very weak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I was really disappointed in this episode. I thought it was confusing and not funny. It had a few moments, but otherwise was very weak.
Phew. I was thinking it was just me. I'm worried about the rest now, I feel like they are trying to be too clever. It mostly worked with the previous linear format but here, where they are trying to sync up all these stories it seems to be trying to be complex for the sake of it. I've only watched 2 and I can't keep up, once we get to 7 or 8 I could be in trouble.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Azlen

I'm not a fan of George so this was probably my least favorite episode. I liked the later episodes better than this one but it is all very confusing at times with the way they play around with timelines.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Zevida
witless and unarmed

It's not the timeline I have trouble with, but the legal and financial stuff. Lucille is in trouble now. Why does that mean they have to divorce? They get a bailout and George Sr buys land just to sell it? If it wasn't so unfunny I'd watch it again to try to follow along.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
billypritchard
Embiggener

This episode was terrible. Few laughs and like Zevida says, disjointed as all get out. Probably a good example of how the season will go. Some character's episodes will be good, some not so good.

To be fair, I've never enjoyed George Sr. that much.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Yes this was a weak episode, but it sets things up for later. I'm also finding that while George's character is correct, Tambor forgot how to play Oscar. The short hair/bald look doesn't help Oscar either.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
FourFourSeven

I thought Young Barry Zuckercorn was so spot on, then saw he was played by Henry Winkler's son!

I liked episode 1 better but this was still pretty funny. Waterproof cameras. Everything with Barry Zuckercorn. Funny stuff.

I think I'm going to slow down and try to stick to 1 episode every day or two - I actually watched episode 1 twice and it was funnier the second time.
FourFourSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourSeven View Post
I thought Young Barry Zuckercorn was so spot on, then saw he was played by Henry Winkler's son!
I was wondering about that, the resemblance was very strong!

Loved every bit of that scene.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
It's not the timeline I have trouble with, but the legal and financial stuff. Lucille is in trouble now. Why does that mean they have to divorce? They get a bailout and George Sr buys land just to sell it? If it wasn't so unfunny I'd watch it again to try to follow along.
The "divorce" was to separate and protect assets that could be attached by the government. He was buying land that would later be re-sold to the government to build the Mexican-proof wall. It's like knowing the planned route of a new highway and buying the land in advance before the value goes up.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
ElJay

I'm finding these to be pretty challenging to watch. I'm a casual fan of the show; I watched the first three seasons a year or two ago on Netflix and was decently amused, but I did not obsess over it. With the integrated flashbacks to long ago (plus the new "young" flashbacks), I feel like these episodes have been written primarily for amusement of the über fans. I'm hoping it gets better.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
cwoody222

I'm up to episode 8 and this is the weakest. Bu I think it'll be better on a second viewing after clues in later episodes.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
DougF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
I was wondering about that, the resemblance was very strong!

Loved every bit of that scene.
+1
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #14
SoBelle0
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
The scene with Buster sucking the smoke from Lucille's mouth had me in stitches. Freakin' hilarious.

Oh my gosh!! Buster and Lucille are always hilarious together. This killed me!! Every time he'd look like he was about to pass out, keep telling that random story, and then she took another drag. "Oh, Mother!" Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Yes this was a weak episode, but it sets things up for later. I'm also finding that while George's character is correct, Tambor forgot how to play Oscar. The short hair/bald look doesn't help Oscar either.

Greg
That's it. I was having trouble with the George / Oscar bit... and that's why. Hopefully he'll get the hang back, or I'll figure out an easier way to tell who and what is happening...
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote