TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

The Vampire Diaries 10/18/2012 Memorial

Enough with Elena projectile vomiting blood. Yuck!

Damn, I miss Ric as much as Damon does. Maybe they'll bring him back as more than a ghost.

I actually didn't hate Bonnie, Matt and Jeremy in this ep.

Who is the new vampire hunter?
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
billypritchard
Embiggener

Oh, isn't Damon so sensitive! Swoon!

<Projectile Vomit Blood>

Okay, I'm better now. My wife tells me that the 'blood sharing' thing is bigger in the books than it has ever been on the show, and that it's kind of like vampire sexual cuddling. Which Damon would know but Elena wouldn't, so isn't that like Damon taking advantage of her?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
billypritchard
Embiggener

Also, they have made the point several times in the past that compelling people is related to how strong you are as a vampire. Letting a new vampire who has barely had any human blood compel April Young was just dumb. She should be remembering that experience in no time!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
cheesesteak
Meh.

April is cute. Hope she sticks around.

New hunter dude doesn't mess around. Shoot first and don't even bother with any questions. He needs to get dead very quick though. He's managed to piss off all of the Supernatural Scooby Gang in just one episode. Then his dumb ass goes and hangs out at the only bar/restaurant in Mystic Falls like nobody would recognize him even though he's probably only the second black, male customer the Grill has ever had. I don't understand why he kidnapped April though.

I ffwd'd through the lantern scene. I knew that would be sappy. Stefan, please go away.

Elena was all kinds of stupid in this episode. She's sick, wobbly and emo'd out but she volunteered to give a speech?

Shouldn't the whole town know who the vamps, wolves and witches are by now?

At least Matt has a purpose now - human blood bank.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
hummingbird_206

Vampire hunter must have known the pastor as he went to see the pastor's house first thing when he came to town. And he took the letter addressed to April (though he didn't read it until later.) And he may be dumb for going to the bar, but not as dumb as Matt and Jeremy since they either didn't have his description or didn't remember his description. How long will it take dumb and dumber to realize they saw him and his invisible tattoo?

Elena is always all kinds of stupid, but it's her character. I thought it was totally in character for her to feel bad that no one got up to speak for the pastor and to feel responsible and try to do it herself. Stupid? Yeah. But believable for Elena.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
cheesesteak
Meh.

Did anybody else think that April's dad's letter seemed to have been written by a woman?

I still have no idea why Pastor Crazy blew the council up. Even Elena could come up with a better plan than that.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

The scene in the church was stupid. The hunter guy must have known he would only have time to shoot one or two vampires, and in doing so, he exposed himself greatly.

And wouldn't all the churchgoers have heard the "Click-Click" of his shotgun coming from the balcony - if they hadn't seen him lurking up there anyway? Wouldn't the organist or choir have been up there in the first place?

And then Elena feeding on a blood bag outside the church. OK, let's stand behind this sapling tree - nobody will see.

And then Elena feeding in plain sight of everyone? Yeah, real subtle. I love how the vampires's mouths are usually dripping with blood after feeding, but in this case, there was just a trickle for Elena to wipe away, and the guy's shirt collar was enough to hide his bleeding neck.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
stellie93

Are we supposed to know what the invisible tattoo is?

Is there an endless supply of the daylight rings?

Way too much blood--it usually doesn't bother me, but this was gross.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
nyny523
Oy

Alaric!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Are we supposed to know what the invisible tattoo is?
I don't think so... not yet anyway.

Quote:
Is there an endless supply of the daylight rings?
I was joking about this to my SO the previous episode, "what is Bonnie going to bounce back and make Elena a magic ring after she just killed her grandma again?" And then Stefan handed it to her and said something like, "oh Bonnie made this for you yesterday, just in case."

Liked the scene at the end with Damon and Alaric.

Elena and Stefan getting hot and heavy in the woods... where's my blood barf bag.