TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
mlear

Cablevision NJ Channels in the 1000s?

I recently purchased a Premiere Elite with lifetime. I'm a cablevision NJ subscriber with platinum package and tuning adapter

For some reason, my new Tivo keeps trying to record channels in the 1000s that it can't receive. It is very frustrating because the Tivo will more often than not record empty channels like this instead of stuff in the regular range that has actual video! The Tivo seems to lock onto that station but with incorrect information!

For example, if I switch tuners, it will show some other channel's information on the bottom of the screen, but the channel number will show 1184. When I go to the guide, it will show the correct guide information for channel 1184, which differs from what the channel/tuner switch showed for that channel.

Please help! It's very frustrating, and I don't think I should have to go through hundreds of channels and manually deselect them to prevent the Tivo from locking on and recording these non-broadcast channels!
mlear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
jdfs
Unspecial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlear View Post
I recently purchased a Premiere Elite with lifetime. I'm a cablevision NJ subscriber with platinum package and tuning adapter

For some reason, my new Tivo keeps trying to record channels in the 1000s that it can't receive. It is very frustrating because the Tivo will more often than not record empty channels like this instead of stuff in the regular range that has actual video! The Tivo seems to lock onto that station but with incorrect information!

For example, if I switch tuners, it will show some other channel's information on the bottom of the screen, but the channel number will show 1184. When I go to the guide, it will show the correct guide information for channel 1184, which differs from what the channel/tuner switch showed for that channel.

Please help! It's very frustrating, and I don't think I should have to go through hundreds of channels and manually deselect them to prevent the Tivo from locking on and recording these non-broadcast channels!
I think you should deselect them. That is what I do for all non hd versions as well. Just spend 5 minutes and get rid of all the channels you don't want to record and you will never have to worry about it again.

HDR112 196 hrs - Retired
Tivo Premier with Extender
Tivo Premier #2
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini
jdfs is offline   Reply With Quote