Hello TiVo Community!
I tried searching the forums, but my search-fu is week today. I'm hoping someone knows if it's possible to query the TiVo (Roamio Pro) from the Mac Terminal to find, for lack of a better term, metadata.
What I'd love to do is be able to query the TiVo to ask it the following:
- What's Playing on the connected TV?
- Are you playing or paused?
- Are you watching recorded TV or Buffered?
- If you're playing something, what is it (name, description, genre, etc)?
- What is each tuner doing?
Ultimately I'd like to get this information into Variables in my Home Automation Server to use as Trigger events. Thanks in advance for any info!