TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Chimpware

Amazing Comcast Experience

Just replaced 2 Tivo HDs with a Premiere XL4 and a Premiere and added a Tivo Stream. Took me about 2 hours to get everything set up and running properly and then I started what I thought would be a painful experience to get the cable cards activated. 15 minutes on the phone and all was complete with both Tivos working properly. I was shocked. In the past this has taken hours if not days with a Tech having to come to get it working.

Great experience with Comcast getting them up and running so easily and quickly.
Chimpware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
en sabur nur

That's good news. I had the same experience when I upgraded my TivoHD to a Premiere 4.
en sabur nur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

It's definitely gotten better. When I moved from an apartment into a house about three years ago, it was super-painful (multiple calls, eventually needed two truck rolls(the first Comcast guy actually left the tivo UNCONNECTED TO THE CABLE).

I just swapped in a Premiere for an old HD, and the call to pair the card with the new box took less than 15 minutes total. I was connected directly to the rep after about three rings (no phone menus!) and she got straight to business after I verified the account. Knew exactly the info to request, never needed me to repeat anything, and didn't try to make small talk (which I personally hate doing with phone reps I'll never speak to again). Even though I hate to admit it, it was actually a 'pleasant' experience.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
button1066

I guess the amazing part is that nothing went catastrophically wrong. Considering this is Comcast we are talking about here this is miraculous not just amazing. I would go out and buy a lottery ticket if I was you.
button1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
dave_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by button1066 View Post
I guess the amazing part is that nothing went catastrophically wrong. Considering this is Comcast we are talking about here this is miraculous not just amazing. I would go out and buy a lottery ticket if I was you.
I second this given how my cable card install went. (Don't worry, I'll try again this weekend. Hopefully it'll work.)
dave_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
Digital Man

I was surprised how painless my experience was with getting the CableCard from Comcast and getting it authorized in November. Seems they have people that know how to handle this now.
Digital Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #7
gostan

I just switched from Fios to Comcast in order to take advantage of a seriously discounted triple play package that includes a Comcast X1 HDDVR to go with my Premiere and HDTivo, and i have to say that the installer was really top notch. When no signal was coming through, he checked out the signal at the source box outside my condo and found out that there was a 30% + signal loss from outside into my basement. I figured that I was doomed to wait for a different installer on a different day, but the installer asked me if I was game to try to replace the cable in the conduit running into my basement. We used the existing cable as a pull string and voila new cable and great signal. The cable cards were re paired and all was working properly. By the way, the Comcast X1 HDDVR is really a huge upgrade over the previous Comcast box and the Fios box. TiVo, you had better watch your flanks!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
Bigg

I had a very good experience setting up a CableCard for an MCE PC (I'll probably eventually come back to TiVo, but that's another story). The only issue I had was with the customer owned equipment discount, so I'll have to see if that comes through, and if not call them up and yell at them so to speak.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote