Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
tivosupport_gen
TiVo Representative

TiVo Desktop/TiVo To Go Update

“Hello,

Thank you all for your patience as we develop a solution for this issue. I wanted to provide an update which may help answer any questions you may have.

Fortunately we’ve identified the issue is a result of a bug within the TiVo DVR software and are planning on a patch for TiVo Desktop which will allow transfers to start functioning again. This affects Series 2, Series 3, and Series 4 DVRs. We are currently in the testing and validation process of the patch and will make it available as soon as possible. Once this patch is made available and applied, the transfer feature will be functional.

At this time, 3rd party applications and devices such as ReadyDLNA devices, Windows Home Server devices, Roxio Toast/Popcorn for Mac, the transfer feature’s availability will depend on how strict those devices are in allowing Transfers from a TiVo DVR with this bug. For reference, I’ve been made aware that Mac Software such as Roxio Toast continues to allow transfers but devices such as Netgear’s ReadyNAS which use ReadyDLNA are not allowing transfers.

Until a software update is made available for TiVo DVRs, these 3rd party devices and software may not allow transfers.

We have addressed this bug in the latest Series 4 release and expect to deploy an update on Series 2 and Series 3 which will address the bug as well. The availability date for these software updates is still to be determined.

Once I have more information around availability of the TiVo Desktop patch I will be sure to share.

Thank you again for your patience.”
tivosupport_gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
True Colors

Thanks for the update.

Since this problem first surfaced I have been using the kmttg application. I have it set to java transfer mode and it has been working perfectly. No problems whatsoever.

TC
True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
CuriousMark
Forum Denizen

ReadyNAS users have a patch now

It looks like there are add-ons for Netgear ReadyNASes that implements a workaround to allow them to be able to transfer again.

See this thread over at the NETGEAR ReadyNAS Community Forum for details.

I don't think this will help with Netgear Routers containing ReadyDLNA that support TiVo, but at least the NASes can be made to work again.

The expert over there who deserves many thank-yous is skywalker.
CuriousMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
tivosupport_gen
TiVo Representative

On February 16th 2013, the TiVoToGo feature of the TiVo Desktop application for Windows PCs no longer allowed transfers from the DVR to the PC. A patch has been developed which will restore the TiVoToGo transfer feature. For more information and instructions on how to apply the patch, please visit our support page http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/196.

If you were having trouble prior to February 16th or having trouble with a different feature of TiVo Desktop, this patch is unrelated and may not be applicable.

This patch only applies to TiVo Desktop 2.8.3 for Windows PCs and older versions of TiVo Desktop and other 3rd party applications and devices such as ReadyDLNA devices, Windows Home Server devices, Roxio Toast/Popcorn for Mac may still be incompatible. Until a software update is made available for TiVo DVRs, these 3rd party devices and software may not allow transfers. The availability date for these software updates is still to be determined.

Thank you,
TiVo
tivosupport_gen is offline   Reply With Quote