TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
nshahzad

Very slow guide and forcing update

Hi guys,

I just upgraded my Romio to a Romio Plus. I've noticed that the Tivo Live Guide is slow - it takes about a second for it to scroll down to the next screen or even going down to the next channel. My base Romio was instantaneous. The grid guide is also instantaneous. I've rebooted several times, including a hard reboot. Any suggestions? A search hasn't really been fruitful.

Also, my Tivo won't update to the latest 24.1.x. (neither one was) - is there a way to force the update? I did register to the priority list, and I have been forcing connections to the mothership. I'm hoping that maybe the update will help the guide slowness issue

Another problem - it seems a lot of shows that are def repeats are being marked as new, so it's recording them. For instance, Veep plays every night on HBO, and the Tivo seems to think it's new every night.

Thanks!

Last edited by nshahzad : 04-21-2014 at 11:34 PM.
nshahzad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Its new to the Tivo because it has not "seen" within 28 days.

The current Tivo software is either 20.3.8 or 20.4.1, not 24.1 and it seems 20.4.1 was not perfected before its preliminary release and some have reverted back to 20.3.8.

New Tivos will update to the current software on about the 4th Tivo Service connection. Whenever there is an update, there will not be any guide data or anything else included in the current connection. After the restart, another connection should receive more guide data.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
nshahzad

Thanks, I meant 20.4.1 - silly momentary dyslexia I'm not sure what you mean by "seen within 28 days"?
nshahzad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshahzad View Post
Thanks, I meant 20.4.1 - silly momentary dyslexia I'm not sure what you mean by "seen within 28 days"?
20.4.1 hasn't began rolling out so I wouldn't expect you would get it until then. It was only sent to priority list users.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Shows that are new to the Tivo are when it hasn't any info within 28 days, so if you have another Tivo for years, they would know about a show that was on up to 28 days ago. When you add a Tivo a week ago, it did not know about any shows before that.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote