TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #61
nyny523
Oy

Since when does "true love" have to be at first sight?

True love can develop over time, too.

Just sayin'...
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #62
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post

True love can develop over time, too.

Just sayin'...
Even true love for cooked fruit???

I agree that normally a Mom's love for her kid wouldn't count as "True Love", but this is 1) a special case (reunited after adoption) and 2) a TV show.

EDIT: And as tiams pointed out, 3) on Mother's Day. Perfect storm!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #63
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
Even true love for cooked fruit???
No such thing.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #64
SeanC
ECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
It doesn't have to be, it was an either/or statement.

I think my point still stands though, that True Love is not about familial love it's about romantic love, and the main character's name in this story is Henry not Oedipus.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #65
tiams

I think it will be perfectly reasonable for a Mother's love to be true love enough to break a curse. Actually, there is no truer love.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #66
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

The apple doesn't put you in a coma, it puts you in suspended animation. They were very careful to show us Snow White had no breath when she was under it's spell.

Henry not breathing is going to be a much bigger than if he were just passed out.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #67
Amnesia
The Question

How did the dwarves know that Snow was still alive if she wasn't breathing?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #68
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
How did the dwarves know that Snow was still alive if she wasn't breathing?
They didn't think she was alive. They were all sad and mourning over her death in the pilot when she was in the glass coffin.
Charming rode in to kiss her and save the day but the dwarves thought she was a goner- they even told Charming that he was too late.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #69
tiams

Renewed for season 2!!!!!
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #70
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Huh? Wasn't it the opposite? And that's why she was willing to leave Storybrooke (and Henry) when she cut the deal with Regina?
I was talking about the pilot, when she asked Regina if she loved Henry. Regina said "Yes", but Emma detected her as lying, and that is why she decided to stay.

At this point, particularly given her recent actions, Emma has probably brushed that off as being jealousy on her part. But I think that was an accurate read.

When I thought that perhaps Regina didn't remember being the Evil Queen, I thought maybe Regina actually did love Henry, and Emma was reading the Evil Queen within. But now we know that's not the case.

Perhaps Regina isn't in love with Henry so much as she's in love with the idea of someone loving her unconditionally.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #71
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit

I was talking about the pilot, when she asked Regina if she loved Henry. Regina said "Yes", but Emma detected her as lying, and that is why she decided to stay.

At this point, particularly given her recent actions, Emma has probably brushed that off as being jealousy on her part. But I think that was an accurate read.

When I thought that perhaps Regina didn't remember being the Evil Queen, I thought maybe Regina actually did love Henry, and Emma was reading the Evil Queen within. But now we know that's not the case.

Perhaps Regina isn't in love with Henry so much as she's in love with the idea of someone loving her unconditionally.
Or she doesn't know she loves him, so Emma would read that as a lie. When Henry is in real trouble, Regina realizes she loves him. Still some possibilities. We will see Sunday.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #72
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I don't remember viewing that scene as her thinking Regina was lying at all. I thought she was only staying because Regina pissed her off by saying if she didn't leave she would destroy her if it was the last thing she did. She's never said to anyone that she believed Regina didn't love Henry, has she??
Old 05-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #73
IDSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Once again I was struck with the disparity between David and Charming, more so than any other character.

[rant]
David is consistently one of the weakest characters in the real world, and this week in FTL we get to see Charming being strong, honorable, and well, charming. It's one of the most frustrating issues I have with this show and I'm very forgiving. I keep thinking it's the writers just not knowing how to write David, but the fact it's always this way suggests it's deeper than just a writing issue.[/rant]
Perhaps the writers are doing it deliberately in an attempt to voice their opinion that the the modern/real world has emasculated Prince Charming?

Nah, it's more likely that I just over think these things.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #74
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I'm fairly certain the differences between David and Charming are exactly as the writers intended them to be.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #75
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I'm fairly certain the differences between David and Charming are exactly as the writers intended them to be.
I agree. Snow White and Mary Margaret are just as opposite as Charming/David. Snow is a bad ass chick that carries a half a dozen knives around with her including one between her tuffets. The only knife MM had was the one Regina planted beneath her floorboards.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #76
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
I agree. Snow White and Mary Margaret are just as opposite as Charming/David. Snow is a bad ass chick that carries a half a dozen knives around with her including one between her tuffets. The only knife MM had was the one Regina planted beneath her floorboards.
Right, the difference is MM has been put into a situation (with Mad Hatter) that brought out a bit of the Snow in her. David hasn't had anything happen to bring out Charming... yet. I have a feeling that will change tonight. I hope anyhow, it's the finale.