TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
leiff

code for clear banner quickly not working?

to Quickly display green progress bar and then disappear while ff do this -
Select-play-select-pause-select "during playback of shocase film from Showcases menu"

after this code I press 30 sec skip button and progress bar disappears right away and while FF, I no longer see progress bar moving. This is especially nice for some sporting events I fast forward through allot but don't want to always see the green progress bar on bottom of screen. However this setting doesn't remain after reboot and since my last reboot I can't get setting to stick. Can anyone confirm you have to be playing a showcase video to input code? The only showcase video I see is learn about TiVo stream and its not working for me. Could it be because I have a slow WiFi internet connection. After pressing pause for instance it can take up to 5 seconds for it to pause. If code is input correctly will clear banner quickly work while viewing the stream video? I keep trying code once and then going to live tv to test it because I'm also afraid if I do code twice the second time it will turn code off but I don't know if it works like that.

Last edited by leiff : 10-14-2012 at 07:08 PM.
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yes, going to a showcase video should allow you to enter the code and have it work.
You should hear 3 dings if the code entry is successful (unless you have Tivo sounds turned off).

The TiVo Stream showcase video does not reside on the Tivo, it is downloaded. That's probably why it's not working.
You need to use a showcase video that has a film clicker thingy as an icon.

These are the current showcases I have:

Aflac*
Unlimited Digital Magazines*
Bounty
Verizon NFL Mobile*
TiVo Stream

Ones marked with an asterisk all have videos that reside on the Tivo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tivo Screenshot1.jpg (182.1 KB, 146 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
leiff

I can't make this code work anymore and I really miss it. It was working in august for me. can someone confirm it still works
Old 10-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
I can't make this code work anymore and I really miss it. It was working in august for me. can someone confirm it still works
Yes it still works and I use it. It's 1st thing I re-enable following a reboot.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
leiff

yep, I finally got it to work. Thanks above for suggesting to turn back on sound effects so I could listen for the tripple chirp confirmation. Now to turn sound effects back off. Even at lowest noise level sound effects are still way too loud. I wouldn't mind keeping sound effects if it had a lower volume setting.