TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #211
DubVBenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by binster View Post
I went to a wired connection.. TiVo told me that streaming would not work on wireless. Strange they said this, since I was running fine before the update

They pointed me to this
"IMPORTANT! TiVo DVRs using a wireless connection will not support Multi-Room Streaming. Please change your Internet connection method to a wired or MoCA connection and try again"
That is a completely unacceptable answer. I have a wireless N network in a 1200 square foot condo. As a summary of my issue from another thread:

"I have one Premier attached via a gigabit connection to my Wireless N Router (operating in 150Mbps mode), which is connected wirelessly to another Premiere with a Wireless-N adapter in a room about 20-25 feet away on the same floor through two walls.

Until recently, I would stream everything from my wired (living room) tivo to my wireless one without issue. After the Fall update, it seems like I'll be watching something , and halfway through it will quit. By that point, I'm in Bed and don't want to mess with it, but it takes about 30-60 minutes for the wired Tivo to regain it's connection to the point where I can stream. I can still browse the wired tivo's contents, but anytime I try to play anything, it just stays on a black screen and says it can't due to connectivity issues. I'm assuming I'm only browsing the other tivo's content because it has already been loading into my wireless tivo's cache.

Any ideas? Things were fine until a few weeks ago. Additionally, my network is operating in true N mode with no G devices on it. When I had the G wireless adapter, streaming anything other than cartoons simply didn't work. Once I got the N adapter, everything worked great until I'm guessing the fall update.

edit: should note, I only use static IPs, and when this has occurred, there has been very little other network activity. "
DubVBenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #212
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone else noticed issues with the Hulu app since the update? I've tried several times over several days to play episodes of a couple different shows in my Queue, and every single time the app crashes out and tells me the app is not available. I've rebooted the TiVo and it doesn't help.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #213
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubVBenz View Post
That is a completely unacceptable answer.
Unacceptable or not, it's documented:
Quote:
WIRELESS
Plug a Wireless G adapter or a Wireless N adapter into the back of any TiVo Premiere DVR.

Does not support streaming content between two or more TiVo Premiere DVRs
and:

Quote:
Please note: Using a Wireless N or G adapter for Multi-Room Streaming is not supported
If it used to work, that was nice, but TiVo never claimed that it would. It's compliant to spec.

I know--I haven't heard you blame TiVo. Just sayin'. At least they haven't added code to reject attempts to stream wirelessly.

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #214
binster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyts View Post
Unacceptable or not, it's documented:
and:

If it used to work, that was nice, but TiVo never claimed that it would. It's compliant to spec.

I know--I haven't heard you blame TiVo. Just sayin'. At least they haven't added code to reject attempts to stream wirelessly.
However, I still get V87 after moving to a wired network. I think others have too.. Not sure why problem occurs for some and not others. I stream all the time, since my second tivo is solely for my preferred shows, vs those watched by the rest of the family. I got tired of my recordings being cancelled, so I bought a second unit
binster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #215
Wendy in NY

I haven't read the whole thread and don't know if this is a Fall Update issue. I've had TiVo now since May 2011 and have yet to experience the bliss that is a season pass because I'm constantly getting my box replaced and wind up needing to be vigilant to when a show starts so that I can set a season pass for it.

I just got my 3rd Elite replacement (due to spontaneous reboots) and transferred my season pass recordings from the previous box to this replacement and the majority of the season passes show up as Corrupt - Delete Me with a status of Updating...It's been that way now for a little over 24 hours and TiVo support told me that I'd have to reset those passes. Seriously? A bunch of them won't start 'til next Spring so I can't set them now so now I'll have to be vigilant as to when they do start. Also, I've transferred shows over before without a problem, before the Fall update.

So, is this a Fall update issue do you think?
Wendy in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #216
PeteB

Another new Bug:
After the number of my deleted shows builds up, I go in and delete them by "Clear" ing them 1 at a time from the top of the deleted folder. Since the update you can only clear 2 at a time. Then you have to move the selection, clear 2 more, and move the selection, etc.
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #217
ShayL

I started getting the V87 error this weekend. Has anyone found a fix? The TiVos are connected over MOCA.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #218
morac
Cat God

I posted this elsewhere, but extending currently recording recordings from the My Shows screen does not work. It will appear to work as the recording buffer will grow, but the recording will stop at the time it was originally scheduled to end at and not at the new end time.

Supposedly extending recordings from the To Do list does work.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #219
binster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayL View Post
I started getting the V87 error this weekend. Has anyone found a fix? The TiVos are connected over MOCA.
Seems that Tivo sent another "fix" down. I've been fine for awhile, and today I am also having problems with network connectivity to my tivo. Noticed a new error message that is user friendly saying there is a problem with network.. After getting that, my tivo was non responsive to remote control and network remote (ipad). Had to hard boot
binster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #220
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I posted this elsewhere, but extending currently recording recordings from the My Shows screen does not work. It will appear to work as the recording buffer will grow, but the recording will stop at the time it was originally scheduled to end at and not at the new end time.

Supposedly extending recordings from the To Do list does work.
Oh, is THIS why I think I've had the time bar seemingly ending a minute 'early' but the show being complete? (I paranoidly add at least a minute to as many recordings I can until I get conflicts and/or I have anecdotal evidence that the show doesn't NEED padding.)

Have you sent margret an email or tweet about this? Now I think I'll have to try this to confirm that that's what I was seeing before.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #221
JACKASTOR

inccorect date and time

is anyone getting inccorrect date and time? My tivo suddenly decided its 8 hours later any suggestions? And the date is january 17, 2013
Tivo Premier

Apprently this is a known issue since yesterday. IT would appear that it is currently affecting only Canadian customers.

Anyone one else with this problem?

AT this point this issue is a moot point as it is now fixed.

thanks

Last edited by JACKASTOR : 02-08-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: additional information
JACKASTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #222
tvman3113

V87 Error

Recently, I have been getting the v87 error mentioned above when using multistream viewing between two Tivos, which has always worked perfectly since the introduction of the feature. The show will stream for about 1 second, or not stream at all, and then immediately drop and show the v87 error.

Yes, one Tivo is hardwired and one is connected via the wireless N adapter, and I know it is not a supported featured.

BUT, when this error started, even transferring (NON-streaming) between the two units became a problem, and that IS a supported featured. Shows will transfer, but transferring one minute of a show now takes upwards of 10 minutes to transfer, i.e., excruciatingly painfully show transfers. The two issues must be connected.

The two Tivos and router are within 15 feet of each other, and signal strength is not an issue. I have tried every troubleshooting step imaginable, including resetting the router, resetting the wireless Tivo N adapter, rebooting Tivos, forcing connections to the Tivo service (as recommended by Tivo), more rebooting, changing transmit channels on the router, etc., and yet there has been no fix. I am at a loss at this point. Could anyone offer any advice? Tivo blames my network, but since nothing has changed, it seems to be a Tivo issue.
tvman3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #223
Teeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman3113 View Post
The two Tivos and router are within 15 feet of each other,

Could anyone offer any advice?
Did you try a hard wire between the wireless TiVo and the router?
I had similar problems after switching to a combination (ZOOM) cable modem/Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router.

Ended up using a separate cable modem and Wireless-N Gigabit Router.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #224
unitron

If wireless is involved, try setting the wireless part to use a different channel in case the neighbors just hopped on that one big time.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #225
tvman3113

Unfortunately, even on different wireless channels the issue is still there. I haven't been able to test with a wired connection since I don't have an ethernet cable that long.

It's just odd that this issue came out of nowhere, when wireless streaming and transfer were working without any issues since the features were introduced.
tvman3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #226
moyekj

Quote:
Unfortunately, even on different wireless channels the issue is still there. I haven't been able to test with a wired connection since I don't have an ethernet cable that long.

It's just odd that this issue came out of nowhere, when wireless streaming and transfer were working without any issues since the features were introduced.
That's the nature of wireless. Surrounding environment can change causing issues at any point. Perhaps you should consider MoCA as an option instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #227
Teeps

Quote:
I haven't been able to test with a wired connection since I don't have an ethernet cable that long.
Either net cable is cheap; should be able to get 100 feet for 10 bucks, with factory terminations.
If you're in Torrance,CA I could loan you one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Perhaps you should consider MoCA as an option instead.
Good idea.
Or
Consider upgrading the router and install a wireless bridge, of same manufacture.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote