TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr

FIFA World Cup Final listed on ESPN2

All,

We're working to correct an issue with data from Tribune for tomorrow's FIFA 2014 World Cup Final.

The game is NOT on ESPN2. We are removing that erroneous listing.

The game is on your local ABC station starting at 11am Pacific.

Your box should have corrected data before 4am Pacific.

If you have scheduled this game to record, please check your To Do list to make sure it lists ABC and not ESPN2.

Best,
Stephen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

The World Cup? Is that tennis?
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr

They both have a lot of love.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
LostInTheTrees

Screwup

Tivo screwed up royally on this one. I had a season pass to the World Cup. Everything had recorded correctly up until Sunday. I was out mountain bike Sunday afternoon and when I returned, there was NO WORLD CUP RECORDING!

Really, this is exactly what I spent $1100 for, so that Tivo would reliably record things like this. What the heck happened?

-Bob
LostInTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Chris Fox

I'm not using Tivo (I have Uverse), but I did notice that the World Cup final had a different title than the other matches. So I had to set it to record separately...

Chris
Chris Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheTrees View Post
Tivo screwed up royally on this one. I had a season pass to the World Cup. Everything had recorded correctly up until Sunday. I was out mountain bike Sunday afternoon and when I returned, there was NO WORLD CUP RECORDING!

Really, this is exactly what I spent $1100 for, so that Tivo would reliably record things like this. What the heck happened?

-Bob
Bob, very sorry.

At the last minute, ESPN changed their plans to air the World Cup Final on Sunday. Tribune, who provides the program guide data, couldn't fix the issue. We scrambled on Saturday to edit the data and distribute it to boxes. Anyone who had a Wish List or All-Channel Season Pass was able to get a recording (or anyone watching live). But for customers like you who had set up a single channel Season Pass, there wasn't anything we could do.

Very sorry again.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fox View Post
I'm not using Tivo (I have Uverse), but I did notice that the World Cup final had a different title than the other matches. So I had to set it to record separately...

Chris
That may have been an issue for Uverse, but for TiVo users the title should have been the same.