TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #31
indyrobb

I purchased a Hitachi HSB32B26 from Sam's club and found that the glo remote does learn all of the commands needed to control the sound bar. This after trying a Vizio and a Philips unit - I didn't want to deal with multiple remotes. So if anyone is looking for one, it ran 129 dollars at Sams and seems to sound pretty good for what it is.
indyrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #32
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1248 View Post
Just wondering how everyone's sound bar is connected?

Is there a separate receiver involved?
SAme here, for I use the HDMI connection from the TIVO to my LG LCD an the sound quality sucks at best...

too bad that you cant use the HDMI for Video an the standard RCA jacks to connect to the home theater receiver

Dr_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #33
Gaidin43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Diablo View Post
SAme here, for I use the HDMI connection from the TIVO to my LG LCD an the sound quality sucks at best...

too bad that you cant use the HDMI for Video an the standard RCA jacks to connect to the home theater receiver

I have my sound bar connected through HDMI with pass through to the TV and quality is perfectly fine. And you can use HDMI to TV and RCA cables to receiver if you want.
Gaidin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #34
Bigg

Ugh, get real surround sound. My Onkyo 7.1 channel THX HTIB sounds great with TiVo feeding it. Especially with ESPN.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #35
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaidin43 View Post
I have my sound bar connected through HDMI with pass through to the TV and quality is perfectly fine. And you can use HDMI to TV and RCA cables to receiver if you want.

that is good to know for the sound coming from my set is the pits... I just didn't think that with using the HDMI cable the sound would pass through RCA jacts to the receiver...
going to best buy an have a look see, unless anyone has a sound bar that they are pleased with for under $300
Dr_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #36
Gaidin43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Diablo View Post
that is good to know for the sound coming from my set is the pits... I just didn't think that with using the HDMI cable the sound would pass through RCA jacts to the receiver...
going to best buy an have a look see, unless anyone has a sound bar that they are pleased with for under $300
Buy the Samsung sound bar with 2 HDMI mini inputs. From amazon free shopping no tax and way cheaper then bestbuy.
Gaidin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #37
Shanezam203

Any pics of sound bars mounted on the wall below your TV?
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #38
aLTeReGo

Angry TiVo GloRemotes don't work with Sound Bars

TiVo Support = Useless

Mr X: I am unable to control my Samsung Sound Bar with the TiVo Remote for volume and mute functions.

Mr X: I've tried the codes provided by the online setup process but none seem to work with the HW-E550
Mr X: So I purchased a GloRemote

James: I'd be happy to assist you with those questions. Unfortunately our remotes do not function with sound bars.

Mr X: I tried to "teach" it the volume up/down mute functions, but that doesn't work either

Mr X: My other TV has a TiVo Slide remote which learned this function simply and easily

Mr X: So what's wrong with the GloRemote?

James: It doesn't work with a sound bar.

Mr X: correct. Why?

James: Our remotes do not support sound bars.

Mr X: It's a learning remote that doesn't seem to live up to the name

James: It will learn functionality from a television remote or a receiver's remove for volume, just not a sound bar.

Mr X: That's not true. There are others in the community forum who are using their GloRemotes with their sound bars just fine. It's just an Infrared signal. It's doesn't know the difference between a Sound Bar and a TV!

Mr X: Besides, you just told me that your remotes don't work with Sound Bars, while my TiVo Slide has no problems controlling the Sound Bar

James: I understand that you read that on the forums. However, our remotes do not support sound bars.
aLTeReGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #39
ajlee777

Quote:
Originally Posted by certainkaos View Post
the new Sonos Playbar works...
Can you tell me the 4 digit code?
ajlee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #40
dswartz

sony ht-ct260h

Wife and I just bought a samsung 51" smartv. We have tivo series3 dvr already. I saw a previous post that ht-ct60 worked, so I took a shot with the above unit. Worked fine for volume&mute programming. I don't remember the 4-digit code, sorry, but it was one of the first 2-3 I tried (going from the bottom up...) It can't turn the sound bar on, but that is not a big deal...
dswartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #41
gigaguy

Ok, I'd like the slide remote to operate both the Sony TV sound and my Sony soundbar power and volume... but sometimes only one OR the other. I don't use the soundbar all the time. Sometimes I want to use the TV speakers and sometimes I want to use the soundbar.
Can the slide buttons learned be different for the TV/vol. and the soundbar power/volume? Right now I just control the Sony TV with the slide.
Is it possible to have this option?
gigaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #42
tamathat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyZR1 View Post
I'm looking to add a sound bar to my TV, but would like to get one that's compatible with the standard TiVo Premiere remote. I know many people have had trouble with the Vizio models not working with the remote.

If you have one that works with the standard remote, please post the brand/model #.

Thanks
I've had a lot of success controlling my samsung sound bar with my samsung tv using the optical connector. It powers on with the tv and off with the tv.. the tv controls the volume and mute.. so I only had to program the tivo remote for the tv
tamathat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #43
bbmcga

Wink Code is 0091 for TiVo remote.

Yes, This works great. To set up with TiVo remote, use code 0091. Hold Tivo and Mute buttons til light is solid. Enter 0091, light should flash four times. Try it. I got ONE knowledgeable support guy to give me this info. Write it down.
bbmcga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #44
bbmcga

They work fine. I have an insignia. Support mostly sux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrobb View Post
Does anyone have the Insignia soundbar for 99 dollars at Best Buy? They were out when I bought my TV but was thinking about picking one up in the next few days. Does it work with the Tivo remote?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLTeReGo View Post
TiVo Support = Useless

Mr X: I am unable to control my Samsung Sound Bar with the TiVo Remote for volume and mute functions.

Mr X: I've tried the codes provided by the online setup process but none seem to work with the HW-E550
Mr X: So I purchased a GloRemote

James: I'd be happy to assist you with those questions. Unfortunately our remotes do not function with sound bars.

Mr X: I tried to "teach" it the volume up/down mute functions, but that doesn't work either

Mr X: My other TV has a TiVo Slide remote which learned this function simply and easily

Mr X: So what's wrong with the GloRemote?

James: It doesn't work with a sound bar.

Mr X: correct. Why?

James: Our remotes do not support sound bars.

Mr X: It's a learning remote that doesn't seem to live up to the name

James: It will learn functionality from a television remote or a receiver's remove for volume, just not a sound bar.

Mr X: That's not true. There are others in the community forum who are using their GloRemotes with their sound bars just fine. It's just an Infrared signal. It's doesn't know the difference between a Sound Bar and a TV!

Mr X: Besides, you just told me that your remotes don't work with Sound Bars, while my TiVo Slide has no problems controlling the Sound Bar

James: I understand that you read that on the forums. However, our remotes do not support sound bars.
THEY TOLD ME THAT TOO, after I had one knowledgeable Tivo support guy make it work. Try different codes for that brand of TV, instead of AV equipment. My Insignia took code 0091. I have five remotes from old ones to newest ones and a glo remote that work the sound bar. don't take no for an answer. get a better helper.
bbmcga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #45
leepoffaith

I have both a Boston Acoustic and a Harmon Kardon sound bar and my regular Roamio and Mini remotes work fine with them. The difference with my sound bars is that they learn from the remote. Neither of them came with a remote and you have to program them to listen to whatever remote you are using. In my case I will program the Tivo remote to use the first Harmon Kardon or Boston Acoustic code in Tivo's list and then I'll have the sound bar sync with the remote. I originally thought that no remote with the sound bars was odd, but now I appreciate the ease of using any remote with them!

Verizon FiOS TV Prime
Fully Loaded Entertainment Package
Verizon FiOS 75/35 Internet
leepoffaith is offline   Reply With Quote