TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
DM3MD157

Cablecard - Customer Owned Equipment Credit

I currently have Comcast and I receive a $2.50 credit for my TiVo as a "Customer Owned Equipment Credit". Does Verizon FiOS also give this out as well?
DM3MD157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
socrplyr

Verizon doesn't bundle in equipment with anything nor do they charge you an "digital outlet" (or whatever they are calling it these days) fee, so there is no need for a credit. For example, the plan price includes no equipment. If you want to watch anything you have to either add one of their boxes or a cablecard. Cablecards from them are $4.99, so they aren't exactly cheap. However, the Comcast digital outlet minus the credit is more. Now, that said, I believe that Comcast includes one digital outlet in their pricing. In that case w/ Comcast you pay advertised price - $2.50. Since Verizon doesn't include any equipment you pay advertised price + $4.99. I know at one time not all Comcast areas were the same, but I think most have standardized on that setup.
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #3
DM3MD157

That makes sense, thank you for the clarification.
DM3MD157 is offline   Reply With Quote