TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
gmilwaukee

Spring update FAIL

Downloaded the "Spring Update" for Premiere this morning and rebooted the box. I received the message saying I now had the update. When I try to open Netflix, the old menu flashes then gives an error message. When I open YouTube I get the same old sd menu that doesn't have my favs or channel when I log in. A second restart did not help. Suggestions?
gmilwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Xab

Go to settings, channels, my video providers. Going into this screen then back out to Netflix fixed this exact issue for me
Xab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Johnwashere

Also, you may need to wait up to 4 hours for it to finish authorizing. If it still isnt working by then, restart your tivo.
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
jrtroo
User

Pretty quick on the fail button. Yikes.

It has already been tweeted multiple times that it can take up to four (4) hours for this to become available.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xab View Post
Go to settings, channels, my video providers. Going into this screen then back out to Netflix fixed this exact issue for me
This worked for me also.

After the restart Netflix didn't work, but youtube loaded the old version.

I went to My Video Providers and turned off Netflix and Youtube, hit the left button once to just go to the channel settings page, then went back in a turned them on.

I wonder why TiVo couldn't have just programmed the software update to do that.

Last edited by rhettf : 05-10-2012 at 05:20 PM.
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
gmilwaukee

Thanks...I read the entire message that accompanied the update and didn't see anything about the 4 hour delay. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the update.
gmilwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmilwaukee View Post
Thanks...I read the entire message that accompanied the update and didn't see anything about the 4 hour delay. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the update.
Yeah its kinda ridiculous, seems like something TiVo could easily have the box do at the end of the update.

Also they make you enter in the whole email/password in the new netflix app.

Personally I liked the Activation Code since my password isnt fun to type in even with a keyboard

Also I am not having terrible slow loading times with the new apps AT ALL. Netflix is very speedy for me.

Last edited by rhettf : 05-10-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Added info about load times.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Xab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettf View Post
Yeah its kinda ridiculous, seems like something TiVo could easily have the box do at the end of the update.

Personally I liked the Activation Code since my password isnt fun to type in even with a keyboard

Also I am not having terrible slow loading times with the new apps AT ALL. Netflix is very speedy for me.
Yeah I was a bit disappointed with this since I use my roommate's Netflix account on my TiVo. Does it permanently save the login once you put it in initially or will it periodically ask? That would suck.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Johnwashere

Quote:

Yea but most people will be getting this update around 2am, so by the morning it should work. I dont think its a huge deal

Netflix made the app themselves. I prefer either since I have a keyboarded remote. If I didnt, I would rather have the activation code.
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
sbiller

Quote:
Yeah I was a bit disappointed with this since I use my roommate's Netflix account on my TiVo. Does it permanently save the login once you put it in initially or will it periodically ask? That would suck.
It saves it after activation.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
It saves your login info until you choose logout.

Youtube uses activation codes though.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
Xab

Quote:
It saves your login info until you choose logout.

Youtube uses activation codes though.
What do you mean by that? Youtube isn't a pay service, so I don't see why activation would matter there.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
What do you mean by that? Youtube isn't a pay service, so I don't see why activation would matter there.
Youtube uses activation codes to connect your youtube account to your TiVo allowing you to:

Add videos on your computer to playlists
See what your friends are up to
manage channel subscriptions on your computer

you can use all the youtube features without logging in, it just won't be as personalized.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #14
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

Quote:
I had the problem with Netflix not working in the HD menus, they did work in the SD menus.
The first time i tried the solution above it did nothing, the second time was the charm, working good in both SD and HDUI.

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Joe01880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
DonaldBurns65144

I installed the update and tried to view a Netflix movie by selecting one from the Tivo program movie lists. Got a network failure message and after several attempts with all giving the same results got back on here and found out about the need to re-select Netflix in providers list and enter the name password all over again. Else, I'd still be trying to figure this out. Bet this will be having users burning up the phone lines when it hits the general upgrade release.
DonaldBurns65144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBurns65144 View Post
I installed the update and tried to view a Netflix movie by selecting one from the Tivo program movie lists. Got a network failure message and after several attempts with all giving the same results got back on here and found out about the need to re-select Netflix in providers list and enter the name password all over again. Else, I'd still be trying to figure this out. Bet this will be having users burning up the phone lines when it hits the general upgrade release.
I'm guessing 99% of users install it without any interaction at 2am so it probably will work by the time they get to using it.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I installed a brand new box today. The initial connection took forever to download and I thought I had a bad box. The first connection is usually the "fast" one. I had added the TSN to the priority list a few days ago before I received the box via UPS. It installed the software before it let me complete guided setup. I had no issues with using the new apps. They worked and were ready to go.