TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
ematuska

Samsung plasma tv PN60E530 code

I am trying to get my Directv tivo remote to work with my new samsung plasma tv PN60E530. I tried all that were listed on the tivo screen and also several that the directv technical support suggested but nothing is working. Anyone have any success with doing this?!
ematuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ematuska View Post
I am trying to get my Directv tivo remote to work with my new samsung plasma tv PN60E530. I tried all that were listed on the tivo screen and also several that the directv technical support suggested but nothing is working. Anyone have any success with doing this?!
Are you sure that you are getting the code properly entered into the remote? I don't know why the existing codes would not work. I have a 2-year old Samsung LCD and can't really see them adding a newly defined code for your TV. Could happen, but not likely. Maybe someone at Samsung can tell you what codes it responds to. The only other solution is to determine the code and if the DTV remote doesn't have it, then get a Universal remote.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
ematuska

Yes, I can push numbers correctly!

I have set up tivos and their remotes 2 times before and never had problems. I have tried all the codes twice and still no luck. So looking for some actual help here, not questioning my abililty to push numbers on a remote!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
ematuska

I contacted tivo and they gave me this info which worked!!

Search for a code to control TV Power and Volume

1. Cover the end of the TiVo remote control with your hand.

2. Hold down the TiVo and TV POWER buttons simultaneously until the red (or amber) light on the remote control remains on.

3. Remove your hand from the end of the TiVo remote control.

4. Enter code 0999.

5. After you enter the code, the red (or amber) light will flash three times and then remain on.

6. Press CHANNEL UP once every two seconds. This will test hundreds of codes, one by one.

IMPORTANT: Do not go any faster than this or you may skip over a code that works.

If you press CHANNEL UP and your TV turns off, press ENTER to select the code. Press the TV POWER button to test the code. If your TV turns on, you have successfully programmed the remote.

* If you cycle through all the codes, the red LED will go off, indicating that you have tried all the codes. If this happens, or if you selected a code but the TV does not respond to the test, try again, to make sure you did not skip over your code by going too fast.
* If you cannot find a code that works, your current remote may not be preprogrammed with the code for your TV. If you have a Premiere XL, TiVo HD XL, or Series3 HD DVR, you have a learning remote that can easily be “taught” to control your TV. For instructions, go to Using the Learning feature of TiVo Learning Remotes.

If your DVR did not include a learning remote, you can purchase a TiVoGlo Premium learning remote at the TiVo Store.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ematuska View Post
I have set up tivos and their remotes 2 times before and never had problems. I have tried all the codes twice and still no luck. So looking for some actual help here, not questioning my abililty to push numbers on a remote!
You would be surprised how many newbies ask basic questions on this site. Had you stated in your post that you had successfully done this with previous boxes I wouldn't have questioned your ability to push numbers. Thanks for posting the detailed solution here for other users.