TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
monicawilcox

Call the Midwife not Recording?

I have set a SP for this show on both Tivo's. But neither one is picking up the new episodes. They are showing in "upcoming episodes" so I am selecting them manually. This show has been running at least 4 weeks now. Is anyone else having this problem? I am on Comcast/Xfinity in California. Thanks!
monicawilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

What shows up in your history?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
monicawilcox

I never think to look there, so I checked. It doesn't appear anywhere in the history, either future or past. Other than the ones that I have deleted after watching them. It's as if the Tivo knows nothing about this show, although the SP is there and it does list the upcoming episodes. I have reloaded my SP a couple of times and the Tivo has been re-booted during the past couple of weeks. Weird . . .
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicawilcox View Post
I never think to look there, so I checked. It doesn't appear anywhere in the history, either future or past. Other than the ones that I have deleted after watching them. It's as if the Tivo knows nothing about this show, although the SP is there and it does list the upcoming episodes. I have reloaded my SP a couple of times and the Tivo has been re-booted during the past couple of weeks. Weird . . .
I was having a problem with the Tivo picking them up - I changed my Season Pass from "First Run Only" to "First Run and Repeats" and it has picked up every episode since...
Old 10-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I was having a problem with the Tivo picking them up - I changed my Season Pass from "First Run Only" to "First Run and Repeats" and it has picked up every episode since...
This might be because it shows the original air dates as February of this year. I assume that is when it first showed in Great Britain.

We have two major PBS stations here in DC area. What's interesting is that while the original air dates are the same, one has the repeat "R" listed in the programming info. The other doesn't.

I always assumed it new programs were repeats from the "R." Maybe it uses a combo of both. ("R" + original air date.)
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
monicawilcox

Well, changing to "first run and repeat" solved the problem. That is interesting. I will check the original air dates from now on, as you are probably right about them airing in GB earlier and Tivo thinks it is a repeat. Brilliant! Thanks again.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Well, changing to "first run and repeat" solved the problem. That is interesting. I will check the original air dates from now on, as you are probably right about them airing in GB earlier and Tivo thinks it is a repeat. Brilliant! Thanks again.
Yay!

Glad it worked
Old 10-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
LynnL999

This has been a problem for years. It would be nice if Tivo and Tribune could work together to solve it.
LynnL999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
unitron

Quote:
I think the same thing happens with Merlin.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
LynnL999

It happens with all the Canadian and UK shows -- Merlin and Lost Girl are two definite cases. There will be more SyFy shows in the spring where this will be an issue, including Primeval New World and Continuum.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
Yorkshireexile

We had the same problem, and going to 'new and repeat' fixed it. Is it only Comcast customers having this issue? Are Comcast not marking the show as new?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #12
LynnL999

It's not just Comcast -- I have Cox and it's the same thing. The cable companies don't mark the show as new, the guide data provider does by setting an original air date. But for US markets the OAD should be the US date, not the UK date.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
waynomo
My One Time

This also happens with FIOS.

It is the TiVo guide data supplied by Tribune Media which creates the problem.

Also I don't think shows are marked new. I believe that old shows are marked as repeat. ("R")

If you look at the original broadcast date it lists dates in February when the show was originally broadcast in the UK. I believe this is the root of the problem.

Yes, including repeats will get the episodes, but eventually it will start recording the episodes you just watched. So a not great compromise.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote