TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
kherr

Newly activated S2 not seen by other boxes

OK so the other day the reactivation of my Series2 came through. I did this to transfer some recordings before I retire it for good. I have a Mini, Premiere and PremiereXL4. The Mini sees it in the menu as
“!” + the serial # of the S2, not with its name(Series 2 Classic). It also gives an error that it can only playback from a Premiere or newer (expected). The Premiere boxes nor Tivo Desktop (newly downloaded and installed) sees the S2. I verified that it still retained the proper network settings. I have an IP scanner that confirms that it is seen by the network. I also verified that it has been activated for several days from the web page.

Any thoughts.
kherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Is video 'sharing enabled' on the S2? You can check that under your account's 'device preferences' at tivo.com.
Is the Premiere seen by the S2?
Have you tried restarting the S2 and/or the Premiere?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
kherr

Sharing and downloads active on all 3.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Force the series 4 boxes to call home and if needed, reboot.

What version Tivo software is on the s2? Have it also connect and restart it.

Sometimes you have to do a little dance of disabling, restarting, connecting, waiting, etc with the sharing settings. I haven't done that dance in awhile, but you should be able to find the instructions here to at tivo.con support area

As was already asked, can you the s2 see the other boxes?
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
kherr

The S2 can see the other boxes although most recording are unavailable(HD, no wonder). I'll cycle everything and see how it goes.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
kherr

I guess it doesn't matter any more. I went to reconnect the S2 to phone home and no response. The light that flashes when you operate the remote didn't even blink. So I did a reboot and it hangs on the opening screen. It is dead. I t was fine the other day. Thanks anyway. I guess I upgraded to the Premieres just in time.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Just for completeness, there is some information that the Tivo only communicates to the network during boot up. If the S2 got some of that information downloaded after it was powered on, then it would not be communicated to the rest of the boxes until the S2 was rebooted. I've had the problem you described following a Tivo name change. A reboot of the offending box caused it to then be properly visible to the other boxes.