TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
TVCricket
HDUI

Question Scrolling Up/Down Grouped Recordings

I switched to a Premiere almost 2 years ago because my DirecTivo would freeze up and reboot constantly. Got sick of waiting for the new one, so I cut the cord for good. One thing I noticed that the Premiere doesn't do that the DirecTivo could was the ability to scroll up/down by using Channel Up/Down within Grouped recordings. With the Premiere, you have to go into a specific recording to be able to read descriptions and also to see which you've started watching already, and then back into the Group if you want to check another.

Has this feature been discussed and would it be easy to implement back into the Premiere?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCricket View Post
I switched to a Premiere almost 2 years ago because my DirecTivo would freeze up and reboot constantly. Got sick of waiting for the new one, so I cut the cord for good. One thing I noticed that the Premiere doesn't do that the DirecTivo could was the ability to scroll up/down by using Channel Up/Down within Grouped recordings. With the Premiere, you have to go into a specific recording to be able to read descriptions and also to see which you've started watching already, and then back into the Group if you want to check another.

Has this feature been discussed and would it be easy to implement back into the Premiere?
The problem is not in the Premiere per se, it is in the HDUI. Hopefully, it will be fixed at some point. It's also possible that it will never be implemented and that the channel up/down will be used to change the channel on the video window.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
TVCricket
HDUI

Well that just ruined my day.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCricket View Post
Well that just ruined my day.
You could always switch to the SDUI. Also, even in the HDUI, at least part of the description is displayed on the right side of the screen.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
TVCricket
HDUI

Main reason I want it back is to see which shows I've started, but haven't finished. I do this on a lot for Seinfeld, South Park, and Simpsons episodes. When you exit out of the Recordings, you're rarely taken back to the last episode you viewed. Especially if you've used Netflix.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
lpwcomp

To answer the first part of your actual question, it has been discussed previously and a lot of other people, including me, would like this put into the HDUI.