TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
BryanC

Cox Plus channels post-Spring Update

Posted this in the changelog thread but didn't get a response.

Anyone still have issues with the Cox Plus channels in your market after the Spring Update that was supposed to fix the ability to tune up to 1Ghz? I'm in the Pensacola/Gulf Coast market with a TiVo Premiere with an M Card and Tuning Adapter. The TA seems to have them still authorized but I still can't tune to them. I verified they're in the 800/900 range. Shows "Searching for Signal on this Channel when I change to the channel and the diagnostics shows:

Freq: 891000Khz
Modulation: QAM 256
Signal Lock:No
Program Lock: No
Search Complete: Yes
RC State: Available
Current Tuning Status: Tuned-Success
Tune State: In Progress

Seems to be all the Plus pack channels (secondary premiums in HD).

Any advice would be appreciated.
BryanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

The Spring Update did not "fix the ability to tune up to 1Ghz", the Premiere was already capable of 1GHz.

What it did fix was the ability to decode and/or display copy protected MPEG4 (H.264) encoded video.

Are the Plus Package channels in the Pensacola/Gulf Coast market MPEG2 or H.264? Your market does not list many Plus Package channels currently, Are there more than listed?

You may still need to call Cox @ 877-820-8202 to have the Plus Pak channels added to your account.

You also must subscribe to the corresponding package
** Channel available with subscription to Cox Advanced TV Plus Package, Cox HD service and subscription to corresponding programming Pak or premium channel.

Plus Package Pensacola/Gulf Coast
http://ww2.cox.com/residential/gulfc...-lineup.cox#13

1101 The Hub HD** (Bonus TV Pak)
1317 DIY HD** (Sports and Information Pak)
1342 Cooking Channel HD** (Variety Pak)
1900 SWRV HD** (Variety Pak)

1203 HBO Family**
1210 HBO West HD**
1212 HBO Latino HD**
1234 Cinemax West HD**
1248 Showtime West HD**
1262 TMC West HD**
1287 STARZ West HD**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 05-25-2012 at 06:51 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC View Post
I verified they're in the 800/900 range. Shows "Searching for Signal on this Channel when I change to the channel and the diagnostics shows:

Freq: 891000Khz
Modulation: QAM 256
Signal Lock: No

Search Complete: Yes
RC State: Available
Current Tuning Status: Tuned-Success
Tune State: In Progress

Seems to be all the Plus pack channels (secondary premiums in HD).

Any advice would be appreciated.

These 2 items should be Yes. Do you have any old splitters not capable of passing signals above 860MHz? All splitters should say at least 5-1002MHz

Old 05-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
BryanC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX
The Spring Update did not "fix the ability to tune up to 1Ghz", the Premiere was already capable of 1GHz.

What it did fix was the ability to decode and/or display copy protected MPEG4 (H.264) encoded video.

Are the Plus Package channels in the Pensacola/Gulf Coast market MPEG2 or H.264? Your market does not list many Plus Package channels currently, Are there more than listed?

You may still need to call Cox @ 877-820-8202 to have the Plus Pak channels added to your account.

You also must subscribe to the corresponding package
** Channel available with subscription to Cox Advanced TV Plus Package, Cox HD service and subscription to corresponding programming Pak or premium channel.
I must have misunderstood. I had read somewhere that the hardware could always do up to 1 GHz but that the software couldn't (wouldn't?) tune that high. I'm like mistaken or misunderstood.

I'll have to call an double check, but as far as I know I should have "everything" TV wise (I'm an employee of a neighboring cable system that Cox has an agreement with.)

Do the Tuning adapters show channels you aren't authorized for? Those channels wouldn't be on SDV and the TA just not requesting them for some reason, would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX

These 2 items should be Yes. Do you have any old splitters not capable of passing signals above 860MHz? All splitters should say at least 5-1002MHz
I checked before I left the house this morning, and the only split (at the outside junction box) is a newer splitter rated for up to 1002.

Thanks PHX!
BryanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Tuning Adapters do not show which channels you are authorized to receive.

The Plus Package channels should not be using SDV, but a Tuning Adapter is still needed to receive the proper channel mapping.

You should not be seeing "Searching for Signal on this Channel" that would indicate some type of signal issue and not an Authorization issue.

You should be seeing the message "This channel is not authorized" if any at all. Even if you were not subscribed to one of the channels the DVR Diagnostics should list:

Signal Strength: >70
Signal Lock: Yes
Program Lock: Yes
SNR: >30dB

What are your other channel signal levels like, Range?
Also, what is the signal/power level going to your cable modem, you should be able to find it here: http://192.168.100.1/

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 05-25-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
Ozy

So this update did fix my issue on my Premiere Elite. I am now receiving the Plus HD channels. I do now realize that this means my older series 3 tivos are screwed. Am I safe to assume I will not see this MP4 rolled to them?

This sucks if so...
Ozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
Ozy

Anyone confirm this? I'm going to post on the tivo twitter account too asking.
Ozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
So this update did fix my issue on my Premiere Elite. I am now receiving the Plus HD channels. I do now realize that this means my older series 3 tivos are screwed. Am I safe to assume I will not see this MP4 rolled to them?

This sucks if so...
the S3's don't have the hardware to support mpeg 4
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote