TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Kapinossa

Tivo Series 2 Remote Control Code for a Dynex LCD

Posting this question in a new tread after reading forum recommendations, so please disregard my earlier post today in a old tread which had no solution posted back in April 2012.

I am looking for a Tivo remote control code for the Dynex LCD tv (DX-32L220A12) that will control the TV power and the mute function. Using the Tivo remote code 0091, which is suggested during guide setup by Tivo and from many similiar posts results in the TV turning off and then right back on with only one push of the Tivo power button. The TV mute functions also works for one second and then unmutes by itself. Has anyone found a solution other than using two remotes: one for Tivo functions and one for the TV power / mute / input functions? Please remember that I am looking for a Tivo remote code not the code for other universal remotes. Based on reading other posts on this same subject, code 0091 works for some Dynex LCDs but does not work for mine and a few others that have raised the same question. I am very familiar with remotes and universal remotes and I have tried numerous codes in the Tivo remote at least three times before saying that the codes does not work correctly. Trying to figure out what I am doing wrong or if someone has found a code that works on this model of TV for my Tivo remote.Thanks in advance, Steve
Kapinossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapinossa View Post
Posting this question in a new tread after reading forum recommendations, so please disregard my earlier post today in a old tread which had no solution posted back in April 2012.

I am looking for a Tivo remote control code for the Dynex LCD tv (DX-32L220A12) that will control the TV power and the mute function. Using the Tivo remote code 0091, which is suggested during guide setup by Tivo and from many similiar posts results in the TV turning off and then right back on with only one push of the Tivo power button. The TV mute functions also works for one second and then unmutes by itself. Has anyone found a solution other than using two remotes: one for Tivo functions and one for the TV power / mute / input functions? Please remember that I am looking for a Tivo remote code not the code for other universal remotes. Based on reading other posts on this same subject, code 0091 works for some Dynex LCDs but does not work for mine and a few others that have raised the same question. I am very familiar with remotes and universal remotes and I have tried numerous codes in the Tivo remote at least three times before saying that the codes does not work correctly. Trying to figure out what I am doing wrong or if someone has found a code that works on this model of TV for my Tivo remote.Thanks in advance, Steve
Have you tried the other two codes available for Dynex (0347, 0366)?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Kapinossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
Have you tried the other two codes available for Dynex (0347, 0366)?
Yes, they both did not work. I tried all three codes at least three times and even tried the codes after doing a remote control memory reset (three thumbs down then an enter key).
Old 10-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Yes, they both did not work. I tried all three codes at least three times and even tried the codes after doing a remote control memory reset (three thumbs down then an enter key).
Find the FCC number on the TV and look it up on the FCC website and see if you can find a hint or clue as to who actually made the set and try their codes.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
Edmund
Remote Czar

Quote:
Did you get three blinks after entering the fourth digit of each code? If you only got one blink that code isn't in your tivo remote, and so theres still hope that they work.

If the remote accepted each code, then is your tivo remote a glo remote? If so try teaching the commands.
Edmund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
cannonz

Try codes for Orion, Emerson, Memorex, Sansui, Sylvania, and Zenith.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
Kapinossa

I will try the codes assigned to the TV brands suggested when I visit my grandson who has my TiVo now. Trying many codes when not sitting in front of the unit is not very easy, so I was hoping someone had found the right code but all help is welcomed . On the entry of the codes, I was only able to get blinks after entering 0091, while the other two codes did not get the same response and I assume they were not available in the remote. Finally, I do not have the Global remote with learning feature.