TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Question for Long Time Mentalist Viewers (Spoilers for S05E05 OAD 10/28/2012)

I've been watching The Mentalist off and on for the past few seasons. I want to say that I probably saw most of season 3, all of season 4, and have definitely seen all of the current (5th) season.

The most recent episode, S05E05 - Red Dawn, left me with some questions:

Who was the FBI woman in the limo who called the CBI director at the end of the episode? Also, who was the man in the limo with her that directed her to call the CBI?

I'm sure I'd know the answer to both of these questions if I'd seen every episode, since the whole episode was a prequel to the series.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
I've been watching The Mentalist off and on for the past few seasons. I want to say that I probably saw most of season 3, all of season 4, and have definitely seen all of the current (5th) season.

The most recent episode, S05E05 - Red Dawn, left me with some questions:

Who was the FBI woman in the limo who called the CBI director at the end of the episode? Also, who was the man in the limo with her that directed her to call the CBI?

I'm sure I'd know the answer to both of these questions if I'd seen every episode, since the whole episode was a prequel to the series.
I've seen every episode of every season, and I was wondering the same thing. Maybe I was supposed to recognize them, but I didn't.

I haven't seen the Pilot since it aired, but I don't recall this being the way he started. I *thought* the pilot showed his start with the CBI crew, and it wasn't this. But that was five years ago and I may be totally wrong.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Idearat

While I thought she looked familiar, I couldn't remember where, or if, she fit in with previous episodes. What it did show though that there is a mole in the FBI. We now see the way information flows from the CBI to the FBI to either RJ or another of his minions.

I did look in IMDB to see if the actor & actress in the car showed up in previous episodes, but didn't find them in this episode, so no help there in researching. It's probably possible to look them up via the credits on the show, but I'm too lazy for that. I've figured if they brought up something from the past now it's because we'll see one or the other of them in an upcoming episode.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
robojerk

I never saw the pilot, but a quick internet search....

Pilot recap.
Red Dawn recap

FBI lady agent in the car at the end of Red Dawn is Alexa Shultz played by Polly Walker.

Last edited by robojerk : 11-02-2012 at 04:52 PM.
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
busyba
The Funcooker

I'm not certain whether or not we've seen that FBI lady before, but I know we had not previously seen the guy in the limo with her. I wonder if that's supposed to be Red John.

And the episode took place some time before the pilot episode. The pilot started with Jane having already been working with the CBI for some time.

This episode was the origin story, the pilot wasn't.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
I'm not certain whether or not we've seen that FBI lady before, but I know we had not previously seen the guy in the limo with her. I wonder if that's supposed to be Red John.
We have seen her before... I forgot too, see my previous post. I did some editing so no points go against you.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
FBI lady agent in the car at the end of Red Dawn is Alexa Shultz played by Polly Walker.
Ah ha. Okay... I don't fully remember the details of her previous appearance, but am I correct in vaguely recalling that something happened in that episode that was supposed to give us a hinky vibe off of her?

Old 11-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
And the episode took place some time before the pilot episode. The pilot started with Jane having already been working with the CBI for some time.

This episode was the origin story, the pilot wasn't.
Thanks, that explains my confusion.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I don't feel so dumb now.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
Also, who was the man in the limo with her that directed her to call the CBI?
In case anyone didn't put this together yet, the guy was Kirkland, the Homeland Security agent.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
In case anyone didn't put this together yet, the guy was Kirkland, the Homeland Security agent.
Or so he says!