Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #211
JETarpon

The reveal with the wife was beautiful.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #212
pmyers

I was dissapointed they never had the friend turn on him during the entire show.

Was good to see Wanda back!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #213
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

It was a little underwhelming the way they told him but I agree having his wife dress up as Lady Justice was a fun touch It really seemed like Chase didn't really know what to think. I couldn't tell if he was upset or happy when he kept covering his face.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #214
pmyers

I was a little underwhelmed about the reveal.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #215
Azlen

The reveal was very similar to how they did it in season 1. The real difference was in the reaction of the Schmo. MKG was very demonstrative and Chase was trying to hold in his emotions a bit more. I re watched the season 1 reveal right after watching this season's last night and was really surprised at how similar the script actually was.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #216
pmyers

I would have had the best friend be the deciding vote and have him vote for Lorenzo!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #217
markb

This episode should have been longer. It felt like they were cramming two episodes into one hour. (The first episode being the The Full Bounty, and the second being the aftermath.)

Also, right before the reveal, they really should have taken the level of absurdity to a whole new level, since there's little to lose at that point.
markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #218
Odds Bodkins
Doug's Dad

I felt so bad for him when he started to cry but happy he held it together. $100K will calm your nerves just a bit.
Odds Bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #219
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions Chase went through in about a five-minute period. First, he thinks he's going to win the show. Then he thinks Jake is going to eliminate him. Then he loses to a player that was barely in the game at all and the $100k is lost. Then he finds out everyone is an actor and he feels like he's the butt of some huge joke. Then Jake explains that they did it all for Chase's benefit, and gives Chase $100k. Then Chase finds out his wife is there. What a ride that must have been.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #220
dbranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions Chase went through in about a five-minute period. First, he thinks he's going to win the show. Then he thinks Jake is going to eliminate him. Then he loses to a player that was barely in the game at all and the $100k is lost. Then he finds out everyone is an actor and he feels like he's the butt of some huge joke. Then Jake explains that they did it all for Chase's benefit, and gives Chase $100k. Then Chase finds out his wife is there. What a ride that must have been.
+1
I loved the Reveal and was so happy for Chase. He was a good Shmoe.
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #221
danterner
Not it!

My recording cut off at the end, but just by a minute or two (I assume). On the whole, I enjoyed the season a lot. I wish we had seen more of the ventriloquist dummy - that was the funniest part. I kind of feel like they never pushed it as far over the top as they could have. They should have done the reveal by arranging something so outlandish he'd have no choice but to correctly conclude what was really happening and then just be ready with bells and confetti once he correctly announces his suspicion, or something like that.

I'd be curious to read his journal.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #222
MrGreg

I wish they'd done more of an after show, and an interview with Chase a few days later once everything had settled down.
MrGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #223
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreg View Post
I wish they'd done more of an after show, and an interview with Chase a few days later once everything had settled down.
The producer is going to be on the next episode of RFF Radio's Reality TV podcast, and he'll likely have some cast members on the line as well. I know Rob and Trevor really want to get Chase in an interview, so if Chase is granting interviews, he may make an appearance there sometime soon.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #224
Inundated
Face For Radio

I liked the reveal the first time, when it was MKG.

I still like Chase and still think it was a good season. But it was tough to watch Chase near tears until he realizes he actually wins the $100K...
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #225
mattack

Quote:
Listened to the RFF Radio Reality TV Podcast interview with Ralph Garman this morning. Very fun. Check it out at http://www.rffradio.com/
He started out on episode 380. (I only found out about it via this thread and narrowed in on that ep quickly.)

The show is entertaining, but I'll probably skip talk of a lot of the shows. Even at 2x, there's quite a bit of rambling!
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #226
Supfreak26
Live Like Noone Else

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking. Taking all of that into account, it was a great reveal. Chase almost had me tearing up at the end there.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #227
Inundated
Face For Radio

I did like them bringing his wife there. That was very, very touching.
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #228
pmyers

I was dissapointed that the interpretur was NOT in the fountain for the finale....that was my favorite part of every episode...for some reason it just cracked me up!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #229
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I was dissapointed that the interpretur was NOT in the fountain for the finale....that was my favorite part of every episode...for some reason it just cracked me up!
I noticed that too.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #230
mattack

Semi-tangent, on the podcast it's hilarious how they are talking about how this must be getting really high ratings, etc.. (and IIRC, we know it's not since they took away the reruns of the episodes that were happening before.)

Also, they're acting like it's way better than the previous seasons. I think it's still very entertaining, but not as good. CLOSE, but not as good.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #231
marksman
ID-10-T

One of the biggest problems is with reality tv today it is not really possible to spoof it. There is so much ridiculous stuff on now that trying to make stuff up to be outrageous is nearly impossible. Look how absurd a mainstream show like The Bachelor is.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #232
Swirl_Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post
One of the biggest problems is with reality tv today it is not really possible to spoof it. There is so much ridiculous stuff on now that trying to make stuff up to be outrageous is nearly impossible. Look how absurd a mainstream show like The Bachelor is.
Check out burning love.