TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #61
Church AV Guy

I noticed this morning that 24 has been removed frm the schedule. It simplay says that it does not know what's on at the times when 24 USED to be scheduled. This is especially odd since the Audience network schedule on teh DirecTV web site still lists 24 as being on.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #62
Church AV Guy

...and it's back, except now it shows allof Day 1 on Saturday the 29th, all of day 2 on the 30th and all of day 3 on the 31st. What a silly decision. No one could ever watch so much of a show in such a compressed timeframe.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #63
Hcour

Which season of 24 had the two-hour pre-season movie?
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #64
Church AV Guy

According to EP guides, the following specials we available.

Other Episodes

Special S4 400 UNKNOWN Season 4 Prequel (7 min)
Special S6 600 UNKNOWN Season 6 Prequel (11 min)
Special S5 500 UNKNOWN Season 5 Prequel (12 min)
Special S7 700 23/Nov/08 Redemption (120 min) [Trailer]

Season 6 ended in 2007 and season 7 started in 2009 (some writer's strike) so the movie was in the "off year".

Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #65
Hcour

Yeah, "Redemption", that's it. I'm getting ready to start season 7, wanted to be sure to watch the movie first if it was that season. Thanks much.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #66
SoBelle0
What's next?

I started Season 1 yesterday - and was surprised at how much I remembered, although I don't recall the correct orders of things.

As soon as Nina came on screen, I just thought "Oh Nina, you bad hussy!"

Then they scan over to show Tony Almeida, and I thought " Tony, Tony, Tony - you're going to make me so mad!"

It was all a ton of fun! I just don't remember when I'll see the bits that correspond to my immediate thoughts.

Do I need to spoiler those?
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #67
SoBelle0
What's next?

Found the old CTU ringtone from my Treo... Wow! That's how old, huh?
Am going to put it as my text tone. Fun!!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #68
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yeah, I like the ringtone as well. I used it on my phone for a while when the show was still airing.
Made it easy to spot people who watched 24.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #69
Mike Lang
Super Moderator

I watched seasons 1-3 over the 4 day weekend and have been using the ringtone all this time.
Mike Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #70
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
Found the old CTU ringtone from my Treo... Wow! That's how old, huh?
Am going to put it as my text tone. Fun!!
I still use it for my phone ring.
aindik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #71
DougF

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
That's what I use, too.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #72
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Yeah, I like the ringtone as well. I used it on my phone for a while when the show was still airing.
Made it easy to spot people who watched 24.
Quote:
I still find this hilarious. At my old job, that was the standard ringtone for our phones, which made me chuckle after 24 started using it. There's no way I would purposely use it as a ringtone.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #73
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
I still find this hilarious. At my old job, that was the standard ringtone for our phones, which made me chuckle after 24 started using it. There's no way I would purposely use it as a ringtone.

Greg
Do you listen to KHTK in the morning?
aindik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #74
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Do you listen to KHTK in the morning?
No, but I know how Don Geronimo is, he's been using that damn thing since 24 premiered. Heh.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #75
SoBelle0
What's next?

I knew I'd be in good company. Mostly.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #76
Generic
Now in Dolby Digital

I just finished watching it on Netflix and I loved it. I watched it while I worked out on the eliptical machine. As I was wrapping up the final season, I was trying to figure out what would happen to Jack. The two most obvious outcomes were death and capture. I couldn't see death as the outcome because of specials/TV movies in the future. I would not put it pass them to kill Jack but I could not see that happening.

Capture was the more likely outcome as the government could bring him out of jail when they needed him. It ended up as him escaping before law enforcement could capture him which also means future TV movies etc.

I read that Anil Kapoor (President Hassan) has bought the rights to 24 and is making a 24 series in India with him being the lead role (Jack Bauer).
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #77
bnbhoha

Maybe in five more years. I'm revisiting the shield on hulu. Amazing
bnbhoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #78
Bars & Tone
Will Draw for Food

I'm most of the way through S1 on Amazon Prime and I had forgotten just how much I wanted to dope slap Kim. I'm gettin' that feeling again!

"Many times, I find the 8" is just too small.":

"No, I like it small":
Bars & Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #79
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bars & Tone View Post
I'm most of the way through S1 on Amazon Prime and I had forgotten just how much I wanted to dope slap Kim. I'm gettin' that feeling again!
In season 2, she's even worse!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #80
Fahtrim

No, not watching it again, it's not that good.

The Wire, Arrested Development, The Shield, etc those are good shows.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #81
Mike Lang
Super Moderator

I'm now re-watching season 5 & just saw the John McCain cameo again.
Mike Lang is offline   Reply With Quote