TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
caddyroger

Tivo changes channel when Turning system on

J have tivo elite. I use a Harmony one remote to turn on a Toshiba dlp tv and a Yamaha receiver. When I power up the system the tivo changes to a blank channel. What could be the cause of this?

Last edited by caddyroger : 01-01-2013 at 01:03 AM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Doit2it

Have you been using the HOne for a while and this just started, or are you new to the HOne used with Tivo?

Sounds like the way input is setup in the Harmony One software. Try deleting the activity and setting it up again. If that doesn't work, delete the the Tivo device and set it up again then the Activity. Tivo should always be "This device doesn't have a power button"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
J have tivo elite. I use a Harmony one remote to turn on a Toshiba dlp tv and a Yamaha receiver. When I power up the system the tivo changes to a blank channel. What could be the cause of this?
Are you sure the Tivo is not going into stand-by?
Unless you tell it specifically not to, the harmony software will put the Tivo in stand-by when you shut down, and the Tivo may be out of sync with the rest of the equipment.

Is there a 'Help' button on the Harmony One? If so, press it the next time this happens and see if the Tivo comes up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote