TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #4981
bantar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Mine that failed at first and then worked with minimal metadata only had 4 lines in the metadata.txt file:

title : Scorpion
seriesTitle : Scorpion
episodeTitle : Revenge
programId : EP019223320011

I pushed several like this, they got metadata from the mind server and grouped with others in the Scorpion series. Before trying with the minimal meatadata, they did just as yours, all taking the metadata of the oldest push on the tivo for that series. I also have a couple episodes in that group that were pulled. The only difference I can see between the pulls and pushes now is that the pushes are copy protected.
I retried it one more time with an abbreviated metadata file. It still failed. However, there's one more variable that might be causing me grief and not you. I don't know if the titles from TvDB matches the data in TMS. However, in my previous testing, I used 4 different series as a hedge against this, but they could all have issues too.

Oh well, for now, I'm content with Pulls vs having bad metadata. I look forward to a fix as it is definitely inconvenient.
bantar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #4982
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Ran into this problem yesterday when I pushed 2 episodes of "Once Upon A Time" to a friend of mines Premiere (she had reception problems). Today, she needed two episodes of "The Originals". This time I waited until the transfer of the first episode was complete before I queued up the second episode and it got the correct episode title.
So much for that theory. I sent multiple episodes of a series today, carefully waiting for one to complete before queuing the next one and they all got the same episode title. TiVo really needs to fix this problem.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #4983
HerronScott

Has anyone reported it to TiVo?

Scott
  4. S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
  5. S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #4984
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
Has anyone reported it to TiVo?

Scott
Yes.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #4985
rassi

We have two TiVos - a TiVoHD and a Roamio Plus. Using pyTiVo for several years, and beyond one issue it's working well. Only issue I have is that on the Roamio the "view" for my NAS drives that pyTiVo is sharing keeps changing from group view to file view. This works fine for our Movies drive, but the "other" category has too many individual files so pyTivo dies. If I go into the movies drive first and change back to group view, everything works fine. But next time I try and view the pyTiVo drives, it reverts back to file view. Not sure if this is an issue with the Roamio or pyTivo....???
rassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #4986
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
We have two TiVos - a TiVoHD and a Roamio Plus. Using pyTiVo for several years, and beyond one issue it's working well. Only issue I have is that on the Roamio the "view" for my NAS drives that pyTiVo is sharing keeps changing from group view to file view. This works fine for our Movies drive, but the "other" category has too many individual files so pyTivo dies. If I go into the movies drive first and change back to group view, everything works fine. But next time I try and view the pyTiVo drives, it reverts back to file view. Not sure if this is an issue with the Roamio or pyTivo....???
It's TiVo. My Roamio does the same thing. I just push the number 2 on the remote and the folders come right back.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #4987
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
Known issue with the current Premiere/Roamio s/w. Not a pyTivo problem nor is there likely a way to kludge it. If you look, you'll note that the same problem exists when viewing the THD from the Roamio. Until it is fixed, what you can do is select a share (or the THD) that is small enough so that it doesn't cause pyTivo to crash and, if groups are disabled, enable them by entering a "2", back out, and then select the large share. Do not go to TiVo Central in between. That will cause it to revert to "Groups Off" for shares and pre Series 4 TiVos.

What might also work is if you enter a 2 after selecting a share but before pyTivo crashes. I don't have a share with enough recordings in it to test this. Plus, if groups are still on, this will turn them off.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #4988
jcthorne

While pytivo may not be able to do anything about the grouping error, it should not crash, no matter how many files are on a share.

Please post the log file for the crash and hopefully wmcbrine will be able to have a look and kill the bug.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #4989
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Right, there's no hard limit on the number of files; but without grouping, pyTivo might choke on some specific file that it doesn't reach when folders are on (until you enter the folder where that file is).

Also, there's a timeout on the list, on the TiVo end, which is easier to hit when grouping is off. In this case, you'd just get a "no files found" type message. But it should work if you then exit and re-enter the share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM   #4990
steveyal

Anyone have a link to the latest version of PyTivo? thanks.
steveyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM   #4991
HerronScott

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/PyTivo

The download is actually on this page (use the Download ZIP on the right-side of the page)

https://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo

Scott

Last edited by HerronScott : Yesterday at 11:36 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM   #4992
email68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
It's TiVo. My Roamio does the same thing. I just push the number 2 on the remote and the folders come right back.
Thanks for posting this! It was one piece of info I was missing.
email68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #4993
steveyal

Ok. so, I installed Python as well as PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.7.exe and I have ffmpeg-2.5.1 folder on my desktop.

I DL'd PyTivo from sourceforge but am stumbling with these instructions:

"You need to edit pyTivo.conf in 3 places

1. ffmpeg=
2. [<name of share>]
3. path=

ffmpeg should be the full path to ffmpeg including filename. path is the
absolute path to your media."

What does this mean and how do I do it? Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #4994
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyal View Post
Ok. so, I installed Python as well as PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.7.exe and I have ffmpeg-2.5.1 folder on my desktop.

I DL'd PyTivo from sourceforge but am stumbling with these instructions:

"You need to edit pyTivo.conf in 3 places

1. ffmpeg=
2. [<name of share>]
3. path=

ffmpeg should be the full path to ffmpeg including filename. path is the
absolute path to your media."

What does this mean and how do I do it? Thanks.
I would recommend the Windows install instructions on the pyTivo wiki:
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...indows_Install
I'm not sure how current the instructions you're quoting are, but the ones on the wiki will be much clearer and more detailed.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM   #4995
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
At least one biggie that comes to mind: If you have a series 4 TiVo as destination and set ts=on in pyTivo config you can now pull H.264 videos without pyTivo having to transcode to mpeg2. Previously you could only get H.264 natively to your TiVo via push. For a casual user though that may be a don't care.
Okay been about a year since I upgraded PyTiVo to the latest version. Is there anything new and cool that you guys added that I'd need to upgrade for?
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #4996
steveyal

Ok. First, thanks everyone for their help thus far. I have everything installed and I my PC showing up in the MY SHOWS menu in TiVo central. However, I can't seem to populate the folder.

In pyTivo settings I listed my path as d:\movies
but the movies in that folder are not showing up in the movies folder on the DVR menu.

I tried checking the force alpha and the force ffmpeg boxes; but that seems to have made no difference.

I fixed the path for ffmpeg to C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
which is where I put it and I added my TiVo user namr and password.

any suggestions?
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #4997
lpwcomp

Quote:
Ok. First, thanks everyone for their help thus far. I have everything installed and I my PC showing up in the MY SHOWS menu in TiVo central. However, I can't seem to populate the folder.

In pyTivo settings I listed my path as d:\movies
but the movies in that folder are not showing up in the movies folder on the DVR menu.

I tried checking the force alpha and the force ffmpeg boxes; but that seems to have made no difference.

I fixed the path for ffmpeg to C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
which is where I put it and I added my TiVo user namr and password.

any suggestions?
Post your pyTivo.conf file after redacting sensitive entries like user names, passwords and your MAK

Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #4998
steveyal

Anyone see anything wrong with this configuration? Why does my Tivo box say "The Movies PC has no recordings. Press LEFT to return to the My Shows list."

[Server]
ffmpeg_wait = 0
tivo_password = #######
tivo_mak = ###########
tivo_username = steven.###########@gmail.com
ffmpeg = C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[Movies]
force_ffmpeg = on
path = D:\Movies
type = video
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #4999
lpwcomp

Quote:
Anyone see anything wrong with this configuration? Why does my Tivo box say "The Movies PC has no recordings. Press LEFT to return to the My Shows list."

[Server]
ffmpeg_wait = 0
tivo_password = #######
tivo_mak = ###########
tivo_username = steven.###########@gmail.com
ffmpeg = C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[Movies]
force_ffmpeg = on
path = D:\Movies
type = video
Make sure you are running an up to date version of ffmpeg.

Make sure you are running an up to date version of pyTivo. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the one at sourceforge is it.

It would be nice to have the messages that pyTivo is producing.

What kind of video files are in D:\Movies?

Old Today, 01:02 AM   #5000
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Make sure you are running an up to date version of pyTivo. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the one at sourceforge is it.
The Download and Current releases link on the pyTivo Sourceforge site points to wmcbrine's repository on github.com site for downloading.

Scott