TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
MaryLHarvey

Arrow Lost Program Information

At no notice we have lost all program information from our TIVO box so cannot see what is due to be shown on TV, our favorite channels and cannot record anything.
We contacted Virgin Media who do not know how to fix the problem. Their only suggestion is to reformat the whole Tivo box. We would therefore lose all our recordings (including all my 7 year old son's favorite dinosaur and wildlife programs). Obviously we are all unhappy about this situation.

Can anybody offer any help with this or advice?
MaryLHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
bshrock

Hello Mary, welcome to the TiVo Community.

It might be helpful to know Which model of TiVo DVR that you are using? WeaKnees.comŽ Find Your TiVo Model

No need to do the "Clear And Delete Everything" (format?) the worst case is that you would re-do the "Guided Setup". (Takes a long time but keeps your recordings, season passes and wish lists)

Does "have lost all program information" mean you have lost the Guide data or just the "To Do" list?
1: If it is the guide data go into "System Information" -> "Settings" -> "Network" and force a connection to TiVo.

2: If it is the "To Do list" change the order of a Season Pass this will force a data re-sort.

IAC if the 2 steps above does not help a re-boot may be all you need.

All this is assuming that the DVR has an active subscription with TiVo.

FYI: I noticed my old Series 2 does not have any upcoming recording because all the shows on analog cable that I have season passes for are on season break.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
georgemoe
TiVo Army Grunt

Not sure if this will help but just today my wife came home and found this under the "Find Programs" menu on our Tivo HD.

Tivo Search
Kidzone Recommendations

Thats it!

Missing were Search by Title, Wishlist, Suggestions, Record (manual), Season Pass Mgr, and To Do List. Now Playing was still intact with items but items scheduled for today did not record.

I just went in and rebooted and all the items in the "Find Programs" menu reappeared along with season passes. I'm hoping these SP's get repopulated in the To Do list as I had to add shows manually that were scheduled for tonight.

Maybe it's as simple as a reboot. Hope it helps.
georgemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLHarvey View Post
At no notice we have lost all program information from our TIVO box so cannot see what is due to be shown on TV, our favorite channels and cannot record anything.
We contacted Virgin Media who do not know how to fix the problem. Their only suggestion is to reformat the whole Tivo box. We would therefore lose all our recordings (including all my 7 year old son's favorite dinosaur and wildlife programs). Obviously we are all unhappy about this situation.

Can anybody offer any help with this or advice?
Does your mention of Virgin Media mean that you're in the UK?

If so, here's the UK specific, Virgin supplied TiVo specific forum, where you're more likely to find users familiar with your particular model than us USians.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...splay.php?f=69

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote