TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
nycityuser

Record by Time or Channel not working

I just installed yesterday a Roamio Pro and Mini in my home. I have Verizon FIOS so everything connected seamlessly using MOCA by just plugging the coax into each.

I am trying to Record by Channel using the Mini. When I select that option a screen appears with a status bar that is already at 100%. The screen tells me to "Please wait... Acquiring Channel Information." If I let it sit like that for several minutes I get the following message:

"The TiVo box is unable to prepare channel information. If this problem persists, please check your cable connection."

The cable is fine. I wouldn't get any video if it wasn't since it is supplying all programming to the Mini.

I restarted the Mini earlier today and just now tried again but get the same response.

Everything else works fine on the Mini. I can program a recording using the Guide screen.

What can I do? I get the same screens if I try to Record by Time as well.
nycityuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
lgnad

Things probably just aren't quite sync'ed up with the boxes...

I'd force a connection to Tivo on both boxes, (Settings & Messages/Settings/Network/Connect to the TiVo service now)

...then wait for them to process the download, on that same screen and then reboot both. (Settings & Messages/Help/Restart or Reset)

Also, make sure that both boxes are running 20.8.3 (Settings & Messages/Account & System Info).
-Mini Lifetime MOCA
-Stream
-Comcast/TiVo Mutant dvrs - RIP
-2x Upgraded Series 2 - Retired
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
nycityuser

I forced a connection on both and restarted them both. Now the options to record by time or channel do not even appear on the menu.

I am running software version 20.3.8-01-6-A92.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #4
lgnad

oops, I was being dyslexic. 20.3.8 is the latest!

Ok, so those screens "Find by time' and 'find by channel' still use the SDUI... they "got the hook" on the Mini.

I hadn't even noticed they were missing to be honest... I either use the guide, or search for a program... and often on the Ipad app these days.
-Mini Lifetime MOCA
-Stream
-Comcast/TiVo Mutant dvrs - RIP
-2x Upgraded Series 2 - Retired
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #5
nycityuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post

Ok, so those screens "Find by time' and 'find by channel' still use the SDUI... they "got the hook" on the Mini.
Somehow it doesn't seem right to me that they "got the hook" on the Mini since they are still on the Roamio Pro. And the fact that they first appeared in my menu (though didn't work) and then disappeared tells me something isn't right.

I'll call TiVo when I get back from a trip and see what they say.