TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
cnsayre

Transfer shows between tivos?

We had two Tivos, one in the living room and one in the bedroom for a while. Both series 2's. And we could shuffle around shows as needed.

The living room Tivo gave up the ghost after 9 years, last year. It was replaced by a Tivo Premiere, the one with 2 tuners. HD upgrade, and all was good.

Except that EVERY SINGLE SHOW on the Premiere was untransferrable/the red-slash-circle thing next to EVERY show. Transferring was now a one way deal, Series 2 in the bedroom --> Tivo Premiere. I could pull shows BACK to the Series 2 from the Premiere, but that was it.

An annoyance, and several searches at the time said it was A Comcast/copyright thing, and there wasn't much I could do about it. Fine. We lived.

I got a new Premiere for Xmas, the 4 tuner one. And now I'm stuck with a dilemma. I'd like to replace the 2-tuner in the living room with the 4 tuner, putting the 2-tuner into the bedroom. But how do I get my shows off of the 2 tuner and onto the 4 tuner? Will they transfer between Premieres? Has Comcast in Atlanta modified their transfer policy? I LOATHE to call Comcast, just because 95% of the time, they're clueless about things. But, I have to call to get a cablecard for the new Tivo regardless.

Any insight?

Thanks,

cnsayre
cnsayre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnsayre View Post
We had two Tivos, one in the living room and one in the bedroom for a while. Both series 2's. And we could shuffle around shows as needed.

The living room Tivo gave up the ghost after 9 years, last year. It was replaced by a Tivo Premiere, the one with 2 tuners. HD upgrade, and all was good.

Except that EVERY SINGLE SHOW on the Premiere was untransferrable/the red-slash-circle thing next to EVERY show. Transferring was now a one way deal, Series 2 in the bedroom --> Tivo Premiere. I could pull shows BACK to the Series 2 from the Premiere, but that was it.

An annoyance, and several searches at the time said it was A Comcast/copyright thing, and there wasn't much I could do about it. Fine. We lived.

I got a new Premiere for Xmas, the 4 tuner one. And now I'm stuck with a dilemma. I'd like to replace the 2-tuner in the living room with the 4 tuner, putting the 2-tuner into the bedroom. But how do I get my shows off of the 2 tuner and onto the 4 tuner? Will they transfer between Premieres? Has Comcast in Atlanta modified their transfer policy? I LOATHE to call Comcast, just because 95% of the time, they're clueless about things. But, I have to call to get a cablecard for the new Tivo regardless.

Any insight?

Thanks,

cnsayre

are the shows HD or SD the S2 can't do HD.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
moyekj

There's really no need to transfer the shows. With 2 Premieres you can stream from one to the other regardless of copy protection, so no matter where each Premiere is located you will be able to watch the shows. That's a big advantage of series 4 TiVos.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
cnsayre

The shows were SD, for the record.

If the streaming works, then that's exactly what I was hoping for.

Thanks!
cnsayre is offline   Reply With Quote