TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Big Brother 7/24/2014

Hopefully that's the last bit of exploitation of the death of that old man from CBS, Julie, Frankie, and Derrick.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I'm sure it was all strategically planned. Thanks for playing along Grandpa!!
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
gweempose

Who won HoH? I just watched it last night, and I honestly can't remember. I know Frankie was one of them, but who was the other one? I guess it just goes to show how little I care about this season at this point.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Zach.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post

Zach.
That's right. Another member of "The Detonators". It just insures that this week will be as boring as last. My predictions for who gets nominated:

Victoria
Jocasta
Amber
Donny
(3) Minis

Old 07-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
That's right. Another member of "The Detonators". It just insures that this week will be as boring as last. My predictions for who gets nominated:

Victoria
Jocasta
Amber
Donny
You are probably right but they might be smart to put up one of their own if they want to try and hide their alliance.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
You are probably right but they might be smart to put up one of their own if they want to try and hide their alliance.
I wonder if they are smart enough to do so. In the past they have not been. At some point using Donny is going to backfire. They have the votes. They don't need to use him any longer.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
I wonder if they are smart enough to do so. In the past they have not been. At some point using Donny is going to backfire. They have the votes. They don't need to use him any longer.
Exactly...give the guy a break this week and bring him back into good graces.

also...volunteering to be a pawn now, while you have more than enough numbers is smart because you can tell somebody else its their turn later on when it is more risky.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #9
Ment

Quote:
Exactly...give the guy a break this week and bring him back into good graces.

also...volunteering to be a pawn now, while you have more than enough numbers is smart because you can tell somebody else its their turn later on when it is more risky.
Caleb: 'Yeah I'm not doing that...'
Old 07-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #10
stellie93

Or they could get Caleb to volunteer to be the pawn since he thinks he's in their alliance.

I see what you guys mean about Amber's hair. She was sitting there with it straight, and I couldn't figure out who it was.

Ment and I think the same, but he types faster.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #11
verdugan

Quote:
Who won HoH? I just watched it last night, and I honestly can't remember. I know Frankie was one of them, but who was the other one? I guess it just goes to show how little I care about this season at this point.
Agreed. This season turned around fast. For me it started as one of the best seasons in recent memory. Now? Below average. Looks like they should've gotten rid of Caleb instead of Devin. His crazyness was very entertaining.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #12
verdugan

Could Christine please start playing her own game? I know she's in the detonators alliance, but come on. You can't even decide on your own who should play next in the HOH game?

She needs to realize that she's the lowest member in that alliance. She'll be the first to go.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #13
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post

This season turned around fast. For me it started as one of the best seasons in recent memory. Now? Below average. Looks like they should've gotten rid of Caleb instead of Devin. His craziness was very entertaining.
Yeah. I was really bummed when Devin left the game. The guy was looney tunes with a capital "L", but I loved every minute of it. The problem is that there is really no obvious person to root for this season. Derrick seems like he's on the ball, but he's playing a safe game that's not very fun to watch. The same thing could be said about Frankie.

The best seasons have players that get off on manipulating people like Dan, Dr. Will or Evel Dick. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be anyone playing this season that falls into that category. The game is most interesting when you have players lying to each other, breaking their alliances, and backdooring people. None of that has happened so far. I have a feeling this season will continue to be lame until the last of the lambs is lead to the slaughter, and the remaining players will have no choice but to start turning on each other.
(3) Minis

Old 07-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #14
verdugan

Quote:
The problem is that there is really no obvious person to root for this season.
I"m rooting for Donny. I hope he wins, but he's too nice. It won't make for a fun season.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #15
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

The best seasons are when you have 2 strong alliances going against each other. This season is one alliance and a bunch of dummies!!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #16
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
Hopefully that's the last bit of exploitation of the death of that old man from CBS, Julie, Frankie, and Derrick.
+1
I missed a few seasons the last couple of years but in my memory they have NEVER told the houseguests anything about the outside world with the exception of 9/11 and at that point they were only down to 2 or 3 people.

The only reason TO tell Frankie was for the publicity of it - which they got - his famous sister made a statement that it was the grandfather's wishes that he NOT be told.
So - exploitive? yes.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:42 AM   #17
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

With 911 they were down to 3 people and one of them had a cousin that was missing. I think it would be worse to not tell someone their family member has died and deny them the chance to make the choice to bow out or not.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #18
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
+1
I missed a few seasons the last couple of years but in my memory they have NEVER told the houseguests anything about the outside world with the exception of 9/11 and at that point they were only down to 2 or 3 people.

The only reason TO tell Frankie was for the publicity of it - which they got - his famous sister made a statement that it was the grandfather's wishes that he NOT be told.
So - exploitive? yes.
The memory is fuzzy but I believe they have told the contestants in the past if there was a death in their family. I don't believe that this is the first time that it has happened.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #19
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
The memory is fuzzy but I believe they have told the contestants in the past if there was a death in their family. I don't believe that this is the first time that it has happened.

HoH's may have received a letter from home that had bad news, but the producers of the show haven't taken it upon themselves to deliver any such news since 9/11 - the event itself and the house guest's missing relative.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #20
stellie93

If you have a relative in the end stages of cancer when you go in, they could give you the option of knowing or not. It sounded like it wasn't a big surprise, so if you had to be home for the funeral, don't play BB.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #21
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
HoH's may have received a letter from home that had bad news, but the producers of the show haven't taken it upon themselves to deliver any such news since 9/11 - the event itself and the house guest's missing relative.
I don't think it made the show, but on season 9, Ryan was informed that his grandfather died. That's the only other time that I can think of where someone was informed.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #22
pmyers

Rumor I heard
Spoiler:
I heard that Derek's grandfather just died and they told him as well

Old 07-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #23
jay_man2
jay_man-also

Quote:
Rumor I heard
Spoiler:
I heard that Derek's grandfather just died and they told him as well
Being discussed in the season and live feed spoilers thread.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...r#post10187254