TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Subversive

Question Automatically recording unwanted shows?

No season pass, no wish list, no manual recording, and these are not Tivo suggestions either. Rather, since upgrading to Series 4, all New Shows This Fall are being recorded for some reason, mixing into my list of requested shows. What's going on and how do I turn I off?
Subversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
tatergator1

Do they show in the To Do list? Perhaps you inadvertently selected a Guru Guide for the new Fall Season. I'd check your Guru Guides as the behavior seems to fit.
tatergator1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Subversive

That might be it, but I can't figure out how to turn it off. To get to "Guru Guides," one actually has to switch from HD to SD menus (wtf?!), but there isn't a "Guru Guide" for "New Fall Shows," rather that is a "Collection" (accessible through HD menus), but I can't find option to record or not record. I've seen some suggestions to Repeat Guided Setup, but I'm not that desperate yet. And then there are the links to non-existent web pages. I was an early adopter of Tivo, and I love it, but I really think that by now they should have been able to completely fix the UI to be completely elegant, flexible, and powerful, with no hidden crap like this.
Subversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
windracer
joined the 10k club

If it's the newer New Fall Shows collection, it should appear in your Season Pass Manager and you can delete it from there.

If it's the older Guru Guide, you have to cancel it via tivo.com:

http://www.tivo.com/findtvshows/ques...des/index.html
Quote:
How do I record/cancel TiVo Guru Guides?
Just go to TiVo Central Online (http://www.tivo.com/tco) and click on any of the Guru Guides highlighted on the main page. Once you've found a guide that interests you, follow the on-screen steps to schedule the Guru Guides you want to record. To cancel a Guru Guides recording, go to the Manage Guru Guides page within TiVo Central Online and click “Cancel” or simply delete the selections from your TiVo box. (Go to Pick Programs to Record and select Season Pass Manager.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Do you have folders turned off? Suggestions will mix into the list if you do.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote