TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #91
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I just got turned on to this show and watched the first ep of S1. I'll be binge-watching this upcoming week....from just what I saw in S01E01, it looks good....
It is that good. Tatiana Maslany is amazing in the way she can portray 7 (?) different characters who often interact with each other at the same time. You really forget that it is the same actress doing each character.

WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #92
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
It is that good. Tatiana Maslany is amazing in the way she can portray 7 (?) different characters who often interact with each other at the same time. You really forget that it is the same actress doing each character.

In 25 years we'll get the big reveal. OB used a bunch of clones for the show.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #93
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
This show really, really needs a one hour "remind me what happened last season" clip show, both for people who saw it (but there's a lot to keep in your head and it happened a while ago, and for those who might want to jump in now), and they had one hour to fill to get people excited, and this is what they came up with?
Funny. That's what I thought the show would be but when I saw the description, I deleted it. Also funny that I think the opposite. So little happened compared to other shows of its kind, I don't need a recap.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #94
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I just recorded S01E10 last night and will watch it today before watching the season premiere to refresh my memory of where everything left off.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #95
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I just got turned on to this show and watched the first ep of S1. I'll be binge-watching this upcoming week....from just what I saw in S01E01, it looks good....
It gets better and better. And a review of S2 (no spoilers!) says there's no sophomore slump.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #96
stellie93

I just rewatched the last episode. And I recently began the series The Tudors. I was surprised to see Catherine of Argon as the foster mother. I hope she's in the new season.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #97
Beryl

'Orphan Black' - BBC America

I so enjoy this show. Cosima is my favorite because of her long locs, academics, and glasses -- we have these in common. I'm impressed by the way they've neatly blended in the dreads with her really straight hair but then they've done a good job with all of the hair styles.

Last edited by Beryl : 04-19-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #98
Ereth

Oh. My. God.

How did I miss this show? This is brilliant. I heard the actress was good and so I sought it out, based on a throwaway line from a ComicCon panel... found season 1 on Amazon Prime and just watched the whole thing. I am seriously hooked. This show is AWESOME.

I can't seem to find Season 2 on demand anywhere, including BBC America On Demand, which for some reason only has Episodes 1 and 8, and no others. Anybody know of a place to watch it? Otherwise I'm plunking down my money to buy it sight unseen, but if it's half as good as Season 1, it'll be worth it.

I was so blown away by the acting. There's a scene late in season one where she's dressed as Sarah, but you are watching and you know it's not Sarah, it's Helena disguised as Sarah, and realizing just how sophisticated that must be to play one of your characters pretending to be one of the others without actually just acting as Sarah.. wow. This woman should be a household name.

ETA: Season 2 purchased. Downloading now! When does Season 3 start?

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited by Ereth : 08-09-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #99
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Oh. My. God.

How did I miss this show? This is brilliant. I heard the actress was good and so I sought it out, based on a throwaway line from a ComicCon panel... found season 1 on Amazon Prime and just watched the whole thing. I am seriously hooked. This show is AWESOME.

I can't seem to find Season 2 on demand anywhere, including BBC America On Demand, which for some reason only has Episodes 1 and 8, and no others. Anybody know of a place to watch it? Otherwise I'm plunking down my money to buy it sight unseen, but if it's half as good as Season 1, it'll be worth it.

I was so blown away by the acting. There's a scene late in season one where she's dressed as Sarah, but you are watching and you know it's not Sarah, it's Helena disguised as Sarah, and realizing just how sophisticated that must be to play one of your characters pretending to be one of the others without actually just acting as Sarah.. wow. This woman should be a household name.

You're usually on the ball, I agree HOW DID YOU MISS IT?

It's been fantastic, and while S02 isn't as jaw dropping amazing, it's still pretty impressive, I have 3 words for you that will make you smile at the end of season 2. (spoilering just to be extra extra careful, but not really a spoiler)

Spoiler:
Clone Dance Party

Old 08-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #100
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
2015. Season 1 started in March, Season 2 in April. So somewhere in that ballpark, probably.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #101
Beryl

Quote:
Oh. My. God.

I almost envy you for getting to see it for the first time. Great show. She deserved an Emmy for each of her characters.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:11 AM   #102
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
2015. Season 1 started in March, Season 2 in April. So somewhere in that ballpark, probably.
Oh, so right when I finally get my "Game of Thrones" fix to start back up. Figures.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:43 AM   #103
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Oh, so right when I finally get my "Game of Thrones" fix to start back up. Figures.
Yes, they run mostly concurrently.

Best few weeks of the year!
Old 08-11-2014, 12:24 AM   #104
Ereth

Powered through all of Season Two today. Didn't want to. Wanted to watch it over a bit of time and savor it. But I couldn't stop. Even when the clock passed midnight..

Not quite as in love with it as Season One, but still, really good show.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:38 AM   #105
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It's a Canadian show.

I don't think it's even airing in England.
I just went on a work trip to the UK. I mentioned to several people that I was watching Orphan Black and they'd never heard of it. So even though BBC is involved I guess it isn't being shown over there.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #106
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Oh. My. God.

How did I miss this show? This is brilliant.
I don't know. We've been right here the whole time...

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #107
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I just went on a work trip to the UK. I mentioned to several people that I was watching Orphan Black and they'd never heard of it. So even though BBC is involved I guess it isn't being shown over there.
It airs on BBC 3 in the UK...
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #108
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
It's a BBC America original, and I think it's a co-production with a Canadian network.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #109
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
It's a BBC America original, and I think it's a co-production with a Canadian network.
Yes, with Space (which is Canada's correctly-spelled equivalent of Syfy).
Old 08-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #110
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Spayse?
Old 08-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #111
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
As Devdog says, it's not from the BBC, BBCA and Space in CA did it together, BBC3 picked it up afterwards.

Copper was also a BBCA original with no UK involvement
Old 08-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #112
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Season 2 on BluRay ordered!