TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
beejay

Fall Update - Shows deleted that didn't need to be

I relate this story in case others are in my position and don't want to lose recordings that have no reason to be deleted.

I installed 20.2.2 today.

Before that, I had a number of recordings that were expired. Disk usage was 92%. I have most recordings KUID. So not all future recordings were scheduled to record because of a future disk space problem. (You don't need to tell me I'm doing it "wrong". I'm doing it this way for my own reasons.)

After the install, I noticed my disk usage was 87%. I puzzled over that until I realize that all my expired recordings had been deleted.

For instance, "This show was deleted because space was needed to record other shows on 10/30 at 10:49pm".

But space wasn't needed. I still have about 50 recordings in the deleted folder.

So I believe there is an error in the new software that deletes expired recordings even when the space is not needed. I'm hoping this is one-time only at the install, rather than a continuing issue.

And my main reason for mentioning this is to give others in my situation a chance to change expired recordings that they may want to watch so they aren't deleted during the install.
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Same thing happened to me.
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild

I wonder if they up-ed the reserved space for the box, for caching of remote boxes or whatever?
Old 10-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
aaronwt
HD Addict

I didn't see any issues on my boxes. I don't use KUID delete though. I did have some shows on my boxes that were almost two years old that could be deleted if it gets too full, but they didn't have any issues. They were still there after the update and the boxes were still just as full.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
beejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I didn't see any issues on my boxes. I don't use KUID delete though. I did have some shows on my boxes that were almost two years old that could be deleted if it gets too full, but they didn't have any issues. They were still there after the update and the boxes were still just as full.
But do you have future shows that won't be recorded because of not enough space? I think that also has to be the case for these unneeded deletes.
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
But do you have future shows that won't be recorded because of not enough space? I think that also has to be the case for these unneeded deletes.
I didn't notice any future recordings that would not record. But I also don't use KUID so when the box does get completely full it would start deleting something.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote