TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
moose53

Problem With Streaming ... error

I get this error message a lot "Getting more of the show. Please wait a moment, then press PLAY".

When I use the HuluPlus and Netflix apps through Tivo Premiere, I usually do not have a problem with streaming.

I use PlayOn and PyTivo for most of my viewing.

Anyone got any idea how I can determine which software in the loop is causing this??

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
tatergator1

A more detailed description of your situation will be needed for better help. What is your set-up exactly? When you say "streaming" to your Premiere, I assume you are initiating a transfer from the computer to the Tivo via pyTivo.

Based on your signature, it would appear your Premiere is connected to the network via the wireless G adapter. If this assumption is correct, there's a good chance your wireless network signal is not strong enough to maintain acceptable bandwidth over the duration of the transfer.

Another possibility could be that you computer running pyTivo is not powerful enough to trans-code the source video faster than real-time.

There are many variables here and a detailed description of how everything is networked will help.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote