TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
gibbyscott

Roamio Wishlist - no HD category

Title says it all - when I create a wishlist, there is no HD only category like there was in the Premier.

I like to record anything that has the keyword Hawaii - and I only like to see HD shows, after all SD Hawaii is not the same
gibbyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbyscott View Post
Title says it all - when I create a wishlist, there is no HD only category like there was in the Premier.
After you create the Wishlist, go back in to modify recording to HD only. It is a two step process.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:

I like to record anything that has the keyword Hawaii - and I only like to see HD shows, after all SD Hawaii is not the same
If you don't want SD, turn off all your SD channels. That is what I do. Problem solved.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
gibbyscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
After you create the Wishlist, go back in to modify recording to HD only. It is a two step process.
I am not seeing that HD option anywhere. I have a Premier and its obviously there. I am guessing you do not have the Roamio?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
gibbyscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
If you don't want SD, turn off all your SD channels. That is what I do. Problem solved.
I would but there are still some SD shows I watch for other things. Believe me, I wish all my channels were HD only. Thanks Verizon.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
brianric

Quote:
I am not seeing that HD option anywhere. I have a Premier and its obviously there. I am guessing you do not have the Roamio?
There's a bug in the program. I got a Roamio Pro. Go to your Wishlist, then Wishlist Info, then Modify Recording Options, then Save Wishlist With These Options, then Wishlist Info, then Wishlist Options. It should appear after Keep Until.

I had to sometimes repeat the whole sequence twice to get the HD Option.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
backspaces

Just tried it, apparently editing the wishlist turns auto-record back on, fine. But when I choose HD-only, then turn auto-record back off, the rest of the options gray out, including HD, and I don't get the HD option in the wishlist.

So it seems like I can
- Auto-record the entire wishlist in HD
- Don't auto-record but then get offered SD as well as HD when I look for programs in the wishlist.

And yes, I look at wishlist like a bookmark that I can chose individual programs from.

Other than turning off all HD channels, is there another solution?
backspaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #8
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

+1 For wanting the choice to record SD only, especially when it comes to ARWL!

Besides it being a PITA to get only what I want, I actually want it in SD, so I'm not using space for HD on syndicated reruns, etc.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #9
backspaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
+1 For wanting the choice to record SD only, especially when it comes to ARWL!

Besides it being a PITA to get only what I want, I actually want it in SD, so I'm not using space for HD on syndicated reruns, etc.
I agree that sometimes I want SD, and indeed is one of the reasons it needs to be an option per wishlist, which I'm fine with.

I contacted TiVo, btw, got a chat that basically says you can't set up a non-auto-record wishlist with HD as a requirement, and that I should enter it in a request to TiVo, which I did.
backspaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #10
FitzAusTex

And this whole subject was particularly perplexing in my Time Warner region where they recently combined the SD and HD channels into one channel number. Other than locals in the 1200 range, there are no longer any HD channels tagged as HD by the Tivo. Thus, wishlists tagged as HD Only find nothing.

I had to go back and turn off HD Only for all wishlists. Just mentioning it in the event your provider changes the channel lineup in this manner.
FitzAusTex is offline   Reply With Quote