TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
rassi

TiVo Premiere / Time Warner NE Ohio

Considering upgrading to a Premiere 4/4XL which doesn't receive OverTheAir broadcasts. Didn't give it a second thought until I read in another thread that non-digital cable broadcasts would also be a problem.... I'm wondering if that could mean that channels 1-99 would not be able to be tuned?

The only channel below 100 that I care about is channel 18 - WGN America where I can watch my beloved Cubs during the summer.... For whatever reason, Time Warner has never decided to make an HD version of WGN available.

So.....if I upgrade to a Premiere, will I lose WGN???

Anyone else currently using one of these in this area and can confirm if this works or won't work????
rassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

The Premiere 4/XL4 is digital cable only, no analog or OTA. You can tell which models they are as they have 4 red lights in front for its 4 tuners, while the other premieres have 2 tuners and can receive analog and digital , OTA as well.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
bobrt6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
Considering upgrading to a Premiere 4/4XL which doesn't receive OverTheAir broadcasts. Didn't give it a second thought until I read in another thread that non-digital cable broadcasts would also be a problem.... I'm wondering if that could mean that channels 1-99 would not be able to be tuned?

The only channel below 100 that I care about is channel 18 - WGN America where I can watch my beloved Cubs during the summer.... For whatever reason, Time Warner has never decided to make an HD version of WGN available.

So.....if I upgrade to a Premiere, will I lose WGN???

Anyone else currently using one of these in this area and can confirm if this works or won't work????
Here in SW Ohio WGN america is channel 17. No problem tuning in with my Premiere XL4
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
scole250

rassi, call TWC and ask whether WGN America is broadcast in digital in your area. Don't get confused with the channel numbers 1-99. Cable boxes and Tivos map digital channels, which are really something like 5.1, 17.8 or 65.3 and map them to integer channel numbers, including 1-99.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
rassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scole250 View Post
rassi, call TWC and ask whether WGN America is broadcast in digital in your area. Don't get confused with the channel numbers 1-99. Cable boxes and Tivos map digital channels, which are really something like 5.1, 17.8 or 65.3 and map them to integer channel numbers, including 1-99.
I didn't know that - I will ask.

Thank you!
rassi is offline   Reply With Quote