TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #61
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
So Lori's going to ruin the show after she's dead too? Crazy Rick is not a good development as far as I'm concerned.

Add me to the non-comic reading group that's very disappointed in the Michonne character. She's a waste of screen time.
If ever there was a black character that they SHOULD kill off.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #62
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I hate to be one of those guys, but it was fairly obvious to me it was Lori and I find it hard how someone can miss that.

The phone calls Rick was getting was his own mind guilting him because he has failed to protect the people under his protection. "Dale" called him out on it on one of the phone calls during Rick's initial break from reality.

Last night he is about to take in 4 more under his protection and his subconcious or whatever shows up as if to taunt him and say, "You only going to **** this up, too." So a "ghost" of Lori would make sense here, since that is obviously where Rick carries the most guilt of all.
+ all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
So Lori's going to ruin the show after she's dead too? Crazy Rick is not a good development as far as I'm concerned.

Add me to the non-comic reading group that's very disappointed in the Michonne character. She's a waste of screen time.
and + all of this,too.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #63
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Rick is definitely suffering a form of post traumatic stress syndrome. Who wouldn't? Killing countless of walkers. Even his best friend/partner. Not surprised.

Also liked Andrea's First Lady speech. She with the Gov for the long haul it seems.
I mean I understand the pickin's are slim, but I'm pretty sure if I found out my boyfriend decorated with human heads and kept his zombie daughter chained in a closet I'd consider being single, you know, for a while.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #64
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
I mean I understand the pickin's are slim, but I'm pretty sure if I found out my boyfriend decorated with human heads and kept his zombie daughter chained in a closet I'd consider being single, you know, for a while.
Michonne was better boyfriend material than the Guv!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #65
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Michonne was better boyfriend material than the Guv!
...'cept for the lack of boy parts....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #66
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
...'cept for the lack of boy parts....
I think even considering that, in balance she was a lot better off with Michonne.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #67
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It makes sense...it just didn't look like her.

I figured that's who it was supposed to be; I just figured they got a crappy double. Surprised to learn it was the actual actor! Still didn't look like her, though.

That seems to be a recurring theme in this show...the writers think that because something is obvious to them in the writers' room, it should be obvious to us on the screen, without doing the work of actually making it obvious.
I don't think this one can be pinned on the writers. It's pretty unlikely that the script called for her to be lit so poorly you couldn't tell who it was. That's on the director of the episode.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #68
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I don't think this one can be pinned on the writers. It's pretty unlikely that the script called for her to be lit so poorly you couldn't tell who it was. That's on the director of the episode.
I can see the writer indicating she is in shadows, initially, and as Rick realizes who it is supposed to be, the lighting improves and she is revealed to the audience as Lori. But the director dropped the ball and just kept her in shadows.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #69
dbranco

Can someone please clarify this for me: WE know that Rick is going crazy, but do the characters (Herschel, Tyrese, etc) realize this?

As I watched the scene, I thought that Rick was looking UP at the vision of Lori, yelling at HER rather than at Tyrese's clan. But when he yelled "Get out!" at 'Lori', it seemed as though the characters thought he was yelling at Tyrese's clan. So this makes me think that the characters don't yet realize he's going crazy. Does that make sense?
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #70
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I think they're clearly doubting his sanity.

They just don't know how much room for doubt there really is. Let's face it, even without "Lori" his reactions in that scene were way, way over the top, and everybody was responding as such. It wasn't "You're the boss, Rick"; it was "Let's do what the crazy man says and deal with the situation later, so he doesn't kill everybody now."
Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #71
SnakeVargas

Just watch this last night. Overall I was disappointed. The pace for the last two eps of last season was perfect with tension as Rick's group prepared to and then assaulted the Guv's compund. In the season opener we get a pointless battle between Dale and Merle. How did the Guv possibly think this would work out favorably? Then we get an attack by Rick and friends. Some decent action but it was the scene we all know kinda sorta had to happen and it happened the way it kinda sorta had to.

Then it falls apart at the argument in the woods and nothing more of substance happens for the remainder of the episode. Much pointless discussion around the new group at the prison. Pointless dialog sessions with Beth and Carl and Carol that I should have fast forwarded through. The appearance of the ghost of Lori proves annoying characters can continue to annoy from beyond the grave. The return of Crazy Rick utterly spoils the end of the episode. If I was the new group I'd get the bleep away from these nutcases.

Half of this episode should have been spent in preparation for the Guv's counterattack which we know has to be coming in an episode or two.

Why is Michonne even in this show anymore? Her character literally and figuratively feel asleep for the bulk of the episode.

The one redeeming character of the episode is the governor, who has a standout moment when the whole town is standing around wondering what to do about a bit resident and he calmly walks out and puts a bullet in the man's head. Metaphorically he put the episode out of its misery at the same time.

Can somebody remind me what happened to the other convict? He must have died attacking the compound in the previous episode?
SnakeVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #72
rimler

I must have been watching a different show

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeVargas View Post
Just watch this last night. Overall I was disappointed. The pace for the last two eps of last season was perfect with tension as Rick's group prepared to and then assaulted the Guv's compund. In the season opener we get a pointless battle between Dale and Merle. How did the Guv possibly think this would work out favorably? Then we get an attack by Rick and friends. Some decent action but it was the scene we all know kinda sorta had to happen and it happened the way it kinda sorta had to.

Then it falls apart at the argument in the woods and nothing more of substance happens for the remainder of the episode. Much pointless discussion around the new group at the prison. Pointless dialog sessions with Beth and Carl and Carol that I should have fast forwarded through. The appearance of the ghost of Lori proves annoying characters can continue to annoy from beyond the grave. The return of Crazy Rick utterly spoils the end of the episode. If I was the new group I'd get the bleep away from these nutcases.

Half of this episode should have been spent in preparation for the Guv's counterattack which we know has to be coming in an episode or two.

Why is Michonne even in this show anymore? Her character literally and figuratively feel asleep for the bulk of the episode.

The one redeeming character of the episode is the governor, who has a standout moment when the whole town is standing around wondering what to do about a bit resident and he calmly walks out and puts a bullet in the man's head. Metaphorically he put the episode out of its misery at the same time.

Can somebody remind me what happened to the other convict? He must have died attacking the compound in the previous episode?

rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #73
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
In the season opener we get a pointless battle between Dale and Merle. How did the Guv possibly think this would work out favorably?
I believe that the Governor let them go on purpose, maybe his plan was to get Merle on the inside (Merle might have been in on it with him). The way the Governor was walking after them during the attack/escape, without really trying to stop them, made me think he had another plan.

Anyway that's how it looked to me.

Quote:
Yes. Remember Rick was mad at Michonne for running off, and blamed her for losing members of his team.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #74
tlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I believe that the Governor let them go on purpose, maybe his plan was to get Merle on the inside (Merle might have been in on it with him). The way the Governor was walking after them during the attack/escape, without really trying to stop them, made me think he had another plan.
This occurred to me. But then I realized that would have made the plan, "First you fight your brother for a while, then they shoot at us with automatic weapons, then..."
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #75
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
This occurred to me. But then I realized that would have made the plan, "First you fight your brother for a while, then they shoot at us with automatic weapons, then..."
This is true. But he could have had a different plan for them to escape. Plus, you know, it's TV .
Old 02-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #76
SnakeVargas

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Yes. Remember Rick was mad at Michonne for running off, and blamed her for losing members of his team.
Vaguely. I remember Michonne running off but I don't remember that being the cause of people being killed. I'll trust Rick that it happened that way...

It does make sense for the governor to have an elaborate plan to sneak Merle into the inside of the prison. I don't believe the episode is consistent with that though. It seemed to me that Merle looked very much surprised when forced to fight his brother.

Furthermore the odds of Merle ever being allowed inside after torturing Glenn and Maggie are close to nil.

I'm curious how the Merle/Dale team will play out this season.
SnakeVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #77
wprager

Quote:
Vaguely. I remember Michonne running off but I don't remember that being the cause of people being killed. I'll trust Rick that it happened that way...

It does make sense for the governor to have an elaborate plan to sneak Merle into the inside of the prison. I don't believe the episode is consistent with that though. It seemed to me that Merle looked very much surprised when forced to fight his brother.

Furthermore the odds of Merle ever being allowed inside after torturing Glenn and Maggie are close to nil.

I'm curious how the Merle/Dale team will play out this season.
Close to, but not quite nil
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote